Chapter 14 : he's really back.

Amelia's POV

Leon walked in with a worried expression. He took long and fast strides towards me. He cupped my face and kissed me.

He's lips on mine felt so right.  His kiss wasn't full of need it was just so passionate and loving. He wasn't demanding matter fact it felt like he was giving.

I don't know what's going to happen after this but I only can enjoy this moment. Putting my hands around his neck I pulled him closer than he already was.

Pulling away he placed his forehead against mine. "Im never loosing you Angel" he said before kissing my hand. That really caused my insides to heat up.

I felt like a thousand butterflies were exploding inside my stomach. "Angel , you're coming home with me after this. I need you close to me." He said and I was honestly at loss of words.

"C-can I hold you?" He asked. I looked at him and meet his pleading eyes. I just nodded and made space for him on the bed.  After he positioned himself properly he pulled me to him so that I was resting my head on his chest while he's arm was securely placed on my waist.

"Thank you"  I finally managed to say. "What for?"  He asked while kissing the crown of my head. "If you hadn't gotten here on time I really don't know  what would've happened." I said and I felt  him pulling  me closer and kissing my hair again. 

"What happened  Angel? What had happened to you. do you remember  anything?" He asked. I know he was truly concerned  about this but  would it be okay to tell him.

"It's alright Angel , whenever  you're ready" he said. I just nodded and we both fell into a comfortable silence. The rhythm  of his heart beat was really calming to listen to.

The doctor  walked in holding a brown folder.  "Ms Amelia unfortunately  the intake of your medicines this whole time  was an overdose. A high overdose. I'd really very much like to apologise on behalf of the hospital. If I may ask , do you remember  the doctor who was handling  your  case ?"

I'm  just shocked. What do they mean a high overdose? I could have died today. Just like what they wanted.

"It's was Doctor Axel Thompson"  Leon said who was still holding me. That name. He was always there. He helped them. He was a more psychopath than them. He enjoyed everything they did.

"I'm sorry who?" Asked the doctor who was full on confused.

"Doctor Axel Thompson  you know grayish hair , grey eyes about 6,1" said Leon not sure about anything he was saying himself.

"I'm sorry." He turned to the nurse who was beside him and talked for a bit and the nurse walked out.

"There absolutely  noone in our hospital  staff  that has that name. There has been a huge blunder. Someone came into the hospital posing as a doctor." He said. "What the fuck do you mean someone came in posing as the doctor" said Leon.

"What kind of recklessness  is this?" He said. He was angry but he was really scaring the doctor  to the greater extent  while I couldn't help but appreciate  the love. "I could've lost her to your recklessness. I swear if you don't find out where that asshole is  you can  kiss your licence goodbye"   he said. I just did the one thing that though could help right now.

I placed my free hand in his and he looked at me. I just smiled and he kissed my forehead.

"Please just leave us alone. Tell me when you have some leads."  Said Leon. After the doctors left he signed. "I'm sorry that all this had happened. Tell me Angel do you know  this guy , Axel?" He asked.

I just exhaled and nodded. What's the point of not telling him.

"Axel is my brother. I don't know how he's here now. He's was in jovial. He went there when he was 16. He was supposed  to spend 30 years locked up and later move into therapy  for another 5. Since we're in 2022 it means he's now ½ done  with his sentence." I said.

"Unless he got out based on good behaviour." I explained. Leon kept quiet and then nodded. "I'm taking you home. There's no way I'm letting you stay here with him on the loose. " He said.

"I'm going to get the discharge papers." He said and walked out.  Leaving me to my thoughts I just drifted back to Axel.

What does he want now?

He ruined my childhood and spoiled anything good I could've ever had. What now?

"Don't think too much about it. It's not good for your head injury. You'll worsen it" said a voice standing by the door.

"Hie and please call me Michael. Mr South is for business related issues." He said and walked further into the room. "How are you feeling now?" He asked while taking a seat on the couch close to the window.

"I can't wrap my head around anything really" I said playing with my fingers. "It's a bit too much to take in" I said to him.

"I understand,  but I promise we'll get through this. We're with you" he said and I just smiled "thank you but you shouldn't really put in upon yourself. I don't want to burden you with anything."  I said  and its true I didn't want to become a burden.

"Trust me on this one Amelia , you're  anything but a burden." He said. "Do you mind if I used your bathroom" he asked I just nodded and pointed towards  the door.

"I'll  be out in a moment" he said and walked out.

My phone began ringing. It was across the room in my bag. Getting out off the bed I walked to it. The caller ID was my grandfather.

A: Papa  how are you?

GP: My sunflower , how are you doing. How's everything?

A: im alright  Papa , how's Granny.

GP: she's alright my dear Dove. Now be honest with  me how are you?

A: Papa im-

Someone snatched my phone from me and pressed  me against the wall. "She's alright Grumpy Old Man. She's perfect after all her brother has  been taking care of her. Isn't that right Dove. Guess who even treated her wounds when she came to the hospital Grumpy , wanna tell him Dove. Do you?"  He said looking at me.

His eyes held on emotion. He was really strong for me to push off. He was choking me while he pressed me against the wall.

"How I've missed doing this" he said applying more pressure to my neck.  My breathe was now in short comings. "You were always so vulnerable  Dove that's what made torturing you so much fun. And that friend off yours , Gabrieller  if she didn't report me we could've been happier right Dove?"   He said 

" right?" He asked again applying more pressure. Tears were now clouding my vision. Just then Axel was pulled off me by Michael and Leon came towards me.

I was coughing so much and throat hurt like hell. Michael threw a few punches  at Axel while Axel  just kept on laughing like nothings happening to his already bloodied face.

The police came and Michael handed Axel to them.

Leon lifted  me up in bridal style and placed me on the bed. After the doctors checked me Leon gave me some clothes and told me to change so that he could take me home.

Before I could reach the bathroom door the entrance door opened.

"I'll be back  Dove. That's a promise" he said and disappeared  with the police chasing after him.