Chapter 32: Breaking News

LEON'S POV

TWO WEEKS LATER

2 weeks  , that's how long it's been. Did we manage to find t Dove? No , we haven't.  So what have we found?

So far we've found out that the owner of Crystal  Empire  is none other than Mr Hyde Thompson also known as Dove Amelia Thompson's  father.

We've managed to gather everything we can about him. All we know is that his major concern  right now is his Empire. Its collapsing and  he needs alot of cash to bring it back into proper shape. The only painful thing is , he doesn't have cash nor any asserts that he can sell.

"But I just don't get it. We've  been following this fucker's routines for the past 2weeks and nothing is leading us to Dove" said Max.

"He goes to work in the morning along with that good for nothing  son of his , Axel. Later around noon he goes to his wife hospital and spends about 2 hours there. From there he-" but he suddenly stopped and banged the table.

"Jesus Max what's wrong with you?" Complained  Mitchel. "I have all rights to do this. Hyde is so crazy  , he's a psychopath  for that matter , right?" he said looking at all of us.

"Yes , but what's the catch. How's that so interesting now?" Asked Michael. "It's because he wouldn't love his wife so much that he would visit everyday for two hours. Never , that doesn't make sense. Even a love sick person wouldn't do that everyday." He explained  but still none of us understood until it hit me.

"Wait , that means this whole time we couldn't find Dove neither at Hyde residence  or any sketchy area that Hyde nor Axel went because all this while she's been in the hospital." I said. "Exactly , this whole time they've been hiding your girl in the hospital." Said Max.

Mitchel along with two other guys began typing on the computers. "Get access to hospital cameras , patient names , records , and even post mortem reports anything that may lead us to Dove Amelia Thompson. " Said Max.

"Yes , sir " said the other guys in unison. So far I've learnt that Max and Mitchel began their technical works when Mitchel was 12years and Max was 10 years.  They became orphans at that time and their care taker was one recklessness  motherfucker. He didn't even care whether they'd gone to school or whether they'd  eaten anything. So their first hack was his bank account.

They took absolutely  everything and  left the motherfucker and started their lives on their own. Now they are living in this 3 story mansion and living their best life with what they do.

"No sign in the records " said the first guy. "Nothing is post mortem" said a girl. "No patient  named Amelia Dove Thompson." Said another.

"I've managed to get into   the cameras but we can't identify  who is who now until the doctors come in and check their patients." Said Mitchel.

"We can't wait that long. Do the cameras show inside the patients rooms?" Asked Michael. "Yes they do" replied Mitchel.

"Good then , it's past noon already Hyde must be pulling up at the hospital anytime soon. If our intuition  is correct  then he must be going to meet Dove. Just keep your eyes on him until he reaches her room. " He said.

Everyone nodded and expanded the view of the hospital so that the whole footage could be seen from all the computers.

Just then Hyde's SUVs pulled up. "And that's Hyde" said Max. We followed him up the reception were he passed without conversing with anyone there. He went on to the private  lift and when to the 6th floor.

He first stopped at he's wife's door but then chose not to go inside  but took a left from his wife's white door into the Presidental ward of that floor.

Room 486. He stopped there for a moment and  entered the room. Now everyone had eyes inside of room 486.

"Leon , there's your girl" said Max.  What confused  me is that her father was indeed abusive to her but she seemed okay. He even kissed her forehead and sat on the stool holding her hand.

They talked  and you could even see Dove smiling while talking to him. "Now that's odd" said Michael but then again it just seemed wrong.

"Trinity , hack into the room microphones. " Said Max.  After that she turned the volume higher so that we all could hear the conversation.

"You know my darling there was a time you got lost in the woods this one summer when we all went to the lake house. I was so petrified . I thought I wouldn't find you ever. Axel was crying begging me to find you as soon as possible. It took about 2hours to finally find you and let me tell you this. When I saw you , I wouldn't even let you 5 feet out of my sight. I was afraid I'd loose you again." He said to her.

"Dad , I'm really sorry I made you worry like that. I shouldn't have done that" said Dove looking a bit sad.

"Oh my sweetheart , don't you worry about it. Your old man has forgotten all about it. I'm just trying to remind you of everything the best I can" he said to her.

"What the fuck does he mean remind her the best he can?" I asked Michael but he was confused just a much as I was.

"I really don't understand  shit myself" he replied to me. "Let's keep listening maybe we can find something.

"You and your mother used to go shopping together alot but you didn't like it one bit. So this one time you came to me and  persuaded  me to let you come with me to the office. You begged me so much that I couldn't resist the cute puppy eyes  that I  agreed." He said.

"Then when I took you to my office  you were so intrigued by everything that you made me take you to every meeting that I had and you my cutie pie bagged your first deal at the age of 15. Your negotiating skills were really good. That's when you ventured into business yourself in university." He told her.

"Really dad , wow that's  so amazing. I really wish I hadn't gotten into that accident. We could've  been reminiscing  about all this together." She said but Hyde just stood up and kissed her forehead  before pulling her into a hug.

"Don't you worry about a thing my sweetheart , daddy will always love you with your memories or without them."

"What accident is this now?" Asked Max but he was talking more to himself.

"Jeffery  check all the cities news of any accidents the past few weeks. Check the police files and everything else. Any records that could give you any news about an accident linked to our girl." Said Max.

"Beats me" said Michael. "What did he mean when he said with your memories or without them. Did she suffer a memory loss or something?" He asked looking at me.

I just looked at her through the screen. "That can explain why she's acting so normal with that prick." I said to him but my heart was burning. Has she forgotten me? Has she really forgotten about everything?

Please not this.

"Guys , you need to see this" said some girl  as she switched on the TV.

Breaking news

The business tycoon of the country's  biggest oil factory Mr Davis Carter Akim is getting engaged this weekend to the only daughter of the owner of Crystal Empire  Mr Hyde Thompson.  The name of the soon to be Mrs Oils so they say or Mrs Akim is none other than Ms Dove Amelia Thompson.