Chapter 20: random note

Dove's POV

"Coffee for me?" Asked Leon looking at me with his brow arched. I just looked at the coffee and shook my head. "I didn't order a coffee for you , you just had one about twenty minutes ago" I said while playing with the pen in my hand.

I was looking through the files which had been submitted   to me about the project. I had to reread them before finally submitting  them to Leon.

"I'll be back , there are somethings that  I need from my  office " I said standing up from the couch I was sitting on and put on my heels.

"Don't take to long please  , angel" said Leon watching  my every move. After the whole Axel thing Leon doesn't want me going about my business  all alone.  I really find it sweet. Through this our relationship has gotten more comfortable  and everything seems to be in place.

Getting into my office I found a bouquet of  lilies  on my desk.

You like them so I thought why not. I love you.

The note was typed. I just put the flowers beside my desk and took the things I needed in my office and went back. Just as I was about to open Leon's door  Lee came to me.

"Hey Dove" she said. Turns out the Knights  like calling me by my first name. I just smiled and waved at her.

"You okay?" She asked once she got to me. "Yeah I guess so. I mean  I just received  a bouquet of lilies from someone." I said and she just chuckled.

"What do you mean someone. Obviously  it's your man" she said but I shook my head in disagreement. "No Lee , Leon prefers to give me his gifts all by himself or he at least leads me to them. He told me so himself too. And he always hand writes the notes this one , it's typed." I explained to  her.

She frowned and held my hand. "Do you think its from Axel?" She asked with her voice full of concern.

"I really don't know.  But let's hold off telling Leon , he's already worried about this" I told her. "But Dove this could be really serious" she said but I assured her that everything would be okay   but I wouldn't  honestly say that everything would be okay.  This is Axel we're  dealing with he's just like Dad , he's even worse.

She looked at me one more time before opening the door and entering Leon's office.  Getting in moments after her , I found Leon on a call. Upon noticing my arrival he smiled  at  me and got back to his call.

I put the finished files on his desk which now only needed his signatures.

"This is a bad idea Dove. Things can get messy. " whispered Lee. "It's alright don't worry" I said to her.

I could tell she wasn't convinced  but she seemed to let it slide. "Okay baby brother , my work here is done. I've put everything in this one file. Give it to  Vanya as soon as she comes I can't wait for her anymore she's taken way too long.  Gracialla must be waiting for me" she said and kissed Leon's  cheek before pulling me into a hug.

"Be careful Dove" she whispered  before pulling out.

After the door closed I felt a pair of hands wrapping themselves around me and pulling me to their chest.

"I miss you" he said and that caused my insides to heat up. "But I'm right here Leon" I said but he just pulled me closer than I already was.

"It didn't feel like it." He said. He made me face him while I was still in his arms. Putting my arms around he's neck he kissed my lips.

"How about we go home early today." He said I just looked at me curiously. "Why?" I asked. He just shrugged and pulled me into a hug  resting his head on my shoulder. "I guess we can only find out once we actually get home why don't we?" He said before kissing my temple.

"What time are we going?" I asked and he took my hand. "Right now , I just wanted you to agree. Besides it's already 3." He said.  I just chuckled and let him lead to the lift.

Getting home we both went to our place of sanity , Milan's  room. I don't know how or when I got strongly attached to Milan but I'm happy I did.

"Hey baby" I said when I saw him with his nanny Catherine.  Upon seeing Leon and  I Milan began jumping up and down in his nanny's  lap.

"You're so happy" I said smiling at him. He started getting shifty like he wanted to cry. "Oh no my baby , you don't cry" I said taking him in my arms and the moment I did so he started giggling.

The nanny excused herself and it was just Leon , Milan  and I in the nursery.

Leon  came over and kissed Milan's  cheek before placing his hand on the small of my back.

" I like it better when it's like this. I find my perfection  with the both of you." He said looking straight into my grey eyes.

"I love you Dove." He said and kissed my forehead. "And I love you too Champ" he said taking Milan from my arms.  He began running around the nursery with him and occasionally  throwing him in the air. Milan was so happy with his dad.

They made the perfect match. I loved the two of them everyday. 

When Leon got to me kissed my cheek. "Let's find out why we got home early why don't we" he said I nodded and he took my hand in his and led me to my room  and when we got to the door he motioned for me to get inside.

"I'll be downstairs , take your time"   he said and closed the door behind me.

I got to the bed and found a huge gift box and other boxes beside it.

Dinner with me at 7

I looked at the note and smiled at Leon's handwritten  note. My thoughts drifted to the other note  back at the office.

"No , no negative energy  today. Especially  not tonight" I told myself and decided to take a shower before  changing into my outfit which I chose to open later.

After taking a long relaxing hot shower I got out wearing my blue robe.

I got to the gifts box and opened it. My breathe literally left my lungs.  To say this dress was beautiful  was an  understatement  the dress was magnificent.  I felt myself tearing up just looking at it.

"Leon" I whispered. I was so overwhelmed. How can anyone love someone so much. I just found myself melting more and falling more for this man.

After composing  myself  I began to get myself ready. I decided to just go  with the ambience  of the dress. After finishing my make up I put on the dress.

The dress fit perfectly  hugging my curves and showing of skin. I felt beautiful and confident. After slipping on the shoes that matched my dress I took the purse that came with the dress  and put only my essentials and looked at myself one more time in the mirror before making my way downstairs.

I found Leon wearing a matching suit. He's hair was neatly done. He looked handsome I just found myself lucky to be my his side right now. Forgetting about  absolutely  everything and living in this moment with Leon. I definetly  didn't want to think about  that random note.

Getting to him he just continued  to stare at me. "My love , you look more than perfect. You look flawless" he said. "You don't look too bad yourself Mr Knight " I said and  he smiled.

"You're the star tonight my love. Let's keep it that way" he said before taking my hand and leading me out the door.