Chapter 26: a Visit from the past

DOVE'S POV

"Axel I'm scared" I said gripping his hand tightly in mine. We'd gone camping on a school trip. Axel was one of the seniors who'd volunteered to go with us to help around the teachers back in middle school.

"Don't worry I'm with you my baby girl. Nothing will happen to you. Your big brother is with you" he assured me. We were playing hide and seek with everyone on the camp when Axel said he wanted to show me a pink lake.

I was excited and I just didn't think twice before following him." Now Dove ,we're almost at the pink lake. Close your eyes" he said to him. I shook my head. "I'm scared so much Axel. I don't hear anyone else's voice. We're far from the camp and I don't like staying in the dark." I said on the verge of tears.

"No no no , you won't cry you're a big girl. And your brother is with you. I won't let those scary monsters get to you" he said while pulling me into a hug. "I love you so much to let you cry like this" he said. "Don't you trust me Dove" he asked while holding my tiny hands in his. "I trust you alot Axel." I said to him

"Then close your eyes for me" he said. I hesitated a bit but I put all my faith and trust in him and closed my eyes.

We began walking again and after some time he let go of my hand. "Keep your eyes closed" he whispered and I did just that.

I suddenly heard a noise and opened my eyes in fear. I looked around for Axel but he was nowhere. "A-Axel" I called out but I heard nothing from him.

"A-Axel please c-come out. I-i-im s-scared" I said as I was about to cry. Just then a heard a loud and deep growl.

I screamed and ran away from the noise but all I could hear it even more the more I ran. Just that something from the shadows moved. My breathe got stuck in my throat and everything around me stopped.

The growls became louder and a very tall and bulky figure appeared in front of me. I couldn't see anything because it was dark but I was certain the growls came from it.

"Today , sweet little Dove will die" it said in a menacing voice. My chest tightened again , my throat hurt , tears clouded my vision and I was a trembling mess.

"You will die today Dove , I will kill you" it said and began moving towards me. I couldn't even move , I couldn't even call for help. Just as it got near me it gave of a very loud roar.
****

Opening my eyes I immediately sat up. "Oh thank goodness you're awake Ms ill call your family right now" said the nurse.

She went out and a few moments later Lee walked in. She quickly enveloped me into a big bear hug. "Goodness , Dove you scared me. Are you alright. How are you feeling now. Is your chest wound paining alot?" She asked me all these questions.

"How- what happened?" I asked her and she looked at me like I was crazy. "You don't remember?" She asked in a low concerned voice.

"Let me call the doctor I'll be back soon" she said and walked out of the room. I looked around the room while she was gone. I was in white bedding and a yellow gown was on me.

I was on an IV tube I guess and there was a window on the left with cough beneath it. On the other side there was a table with medication and so fourth.

Hospital , last time I was here Axel-. I just shook my head. I can't be thinking about this right now.

"Tell me , how are you feeling now?" Said a voice that I never thought I'd hear ever. That thick British accent. He hasn't lost it even after all these years. "It's been some years since we last met. And must I say , you've grown into a wonderful woman." He says.

I look at him. He was wearing a grey suit underneath his black coat. "How are you Dove Amelia Thompson the only living daughter of Hyde Thompson.?" He said smiling showing me his pathetic set of white teeth.

"I've missed you, you know." He said as he sat next to me. When he tried to take my hand I quickly retrieved it and looked away. "What can I say. I haven't been the best dad in a while" he said.

In a while he says. He's never been the best dad in all my years I've been with him. "Your brother is here too. Axel don't just stand there. Come meet your baby sister" he said and he walked in wearing a black suit.

"Hie Dove" he said. He knew how scared I was. He liked and enjoyed seeing me like this. "How are you feeling now? I didn't mean for my name to startle you so much." He said again. "I promise it wasn't even intended. We'd come to talk to you because we have a very generous offer." He said and I looked back at my father who just nodded.

"Yes , this is the first time I've agreed to be civil especially with a little devil who deserves nothing in this world like yourself." He said causing Axel to chuckle.

Just then the doctor entered the room.

"Oh I wasn't aware that Ms Thompson had some visitors. I'll just do a quick check up and go." He said and started moving towards me.

He just did the normal and nodded. "Ms Thompson you had suffered suffered panic attack back at the cafe. Unfortunately because of your poor heart stability you couldn't take it very well and you passed out. Most people would've worked their way out of it but your heart couldn't hold on for way too long. And as for your burn on your chest. I'll prescribe some medication that you can apply on the wound every morning and some pills for the pain." He said and signed the papers he was holding.

"Okay we'll discharge you tomorrow since it's already late and we can't risk sending you home now." He said "have a good night and I'll check on you tomorrow before discharging you." And with that he left.

"I didn't know that you had a weak heart" said my father who was looking at me with a smirk and I'm sure he was having wild thoughts in his head.

"I mean I knew you were weak my darling but this , this is pathetic. I was right when I told you that you don't deserve the world. It's not for the weak Kitten" he said looking at me with sad eyes which were nothing but fake.

"Now now father, I don't think she'll agree to our offer if we talk to her like that now will she?" Said Axel who was standing at the foot of the bed.

"Oh right , the offer. Dove we'd like it very much if you could come back home with us." Said my father looking at me smiling.

My heart skipped at beat and for a moment I really thought that I'd wake up from this horrible nightmare but I didn't. I was already awake and this was a living nightmare, my living nightmare.

"No" I whispered as all the pain and screams I had gone through came flashing into my mind. "I knew she'd say that. There was no need to be civil with this devil's Inc right here" said my brother.

"Okay then Dove , let me rephrase that for you." He said before walking to the other side of me bed and bending to my level to make eye contact with me.

"Dove my baby girl, you're coming home with us" he said.