Chapter 37 : a suprise announcement

D             O             V              E

"Where the hell have you two been?" Asked mother as we stepped into the house. I just kept in looking at her with a blank face while Axel did the explaining.

"I'd taken Dove out for a drive she was feeling suffocated  inside the house and needed a change of scenery." He said while looking straight at my mother.  Mom looked at Axel then back at me.

"Really Dove , where you really feeling suffocated?" She asked while stepping up close to me. She grabbed  my jaw and squeezed it.

"Mom!" Yelled Axel but she raised her hand stopping him.

"Don't you dare interfere  in this you stupid boy." She said with so much anger lacing through her voice.  Why was she even angry?

"Now you little missy. Suffocated  , huh?" She said while letting go of  my jaw which was hurting with the way she'd gripped it.

Her finger  nails dug into my skin as she'd grabbed my arm. "If you feel suffocated  inside the house you go outside and if you feel suffocated  outside you come inside. You do not leave this estate without my permission.  Do you get that?" She said digging her nails even more into my skin.

I nodded and she let go. "Good , now go to your room and make sure you wear the dress that's on your bed. Davis and you have a press conference  to attend" she said and walked away.

I looked at her as she walked away from me. How does she do it. One time she looks calm and composed the next moment she's  breathing fire.  "I'm sorry " said Axel who had placed his hand on my shoulder.

I turned my head a bit to look at him. "It's okay." Was all I said before i walked to my room.

I took a warm shower and began getting ready for the press conference. I wore the yellow sleeveless dress  that had been picked out for me with no jewellery  except  for my so called wedding ring.

I curled my hair  and let it fall off my shoulders. I then applied my makeup that went with the dress well. I used some concealer  to cover the bruise that mom had made on my arm.

I looked at myself in the mirror. "Was your life ever better Dove?" I asked myself before I stood up and went to stand on the balcony.

Suddenly I heard a knock on my door. "Come in" I said and the person entered.

"My love" and I knew who is was. I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe before I looked at him. "Hie Davis" I said to him with a small smile. 

"You look absolutely  stunning" he said wrapping his arms around my waist which I  greatly  felt uncomfortable  with. He the proceeded to kiss the side on my lips , then my forehead.

But before he could kiss my lips Axel busted into the room which I'm entirely  grateful for.

"Oh shit , I'm really sorry for ruining your moment guys." He said while looking at Davis. " I'd come to get Dove down as the conference  is about to begin but since you're both here you can both come down at the same time"  he said and Davis just nodded.

He took my hand and kissed the back of it. "I have a surprise for you today at the press conference. I'm really hoping you'll love it" he said before he led me out the door.

While passing by  Axel I looked at him confused but he just shook his head indicating that he too didn't exactly know what this surprise  was about.

After we got to the middle staircase , Davis put his hand at the small of my back and we both descended the stairs which were covered with a white carpet with gold designs on it.

After we  had taken our sits on the stage with the journalists continuously taking our pictures the conference  began.

"Mr Akim , what do you have to say about the disturbance  that happened during your engagement?" Asked one of them.

"I seriously am very disappointed. Whatever happened really put a stop to alot of our plans and we're  trying as much as possible to move on from the incident ourselves and get everything back on track" he replied while taking my hand into his.

"Do you think this  disturbance  was staged Ms Thompson?" Asked a reporter who was looking intently at me.

"No" I said.

"Why?" He asked again.

"I don't think it was staged.  it was just coincidence that the lights went out  seconds before the electrical fire started ?" I said.

"So you think it was a perfect  coincidences  that the disturbance  happened when Mr Akim  was just about to ask you to  marry him?" He asked again.

"What exactly are you meaning to  ask?" I asked the reporter  clearly  loosing my patience.

"I'm meaning to ask if you Ms Thompson were having an affair with someone else and now that you're getting engaged to Mr Akim you didn't want to go through with it and made someone stage the disturbance" he said looking at me with a smug look.

Before I could answer Davis cut me short.

"THAT'S  ENOUGH!"  He yelled and some visibly flinched.

"We had this press conference  as per your ask. We didn't have this conference so you people would falsely  accuse my fiancee of cheating. Besides we'd already gotten engaged that day we were making it official to the world" He said looking  at the reporter who'd asked such a question.

"Every question has its source isn't it?"  He said looking at him still. "Now why don't you be kind enough to tell me who the hell told you that my finacee didn't want to go through with this engagement ?" He asked looking at the reporter who was now shifting in his sit.

"I thought so too" I said Akim before the interview continued.

The reporters where mainly asking question whether is the Crystal Empire would now be merging with his Company and stuff like that.

Then suddenly  Akim stood up bringing me back from my own world of never ending  thoughts. "Baby" he said while reaching out for my hand. After I had placed my hand in his  he made me stand up.

I looked at him full of confusion but he just smiled and wrapped his other hand on my waist resting it on my hip. Every touch of his on me felt so very and extremely  wrong.  I  didn't like it one bit.

"My fiancee and I have a very special announcement  for you all to hear " he said and I mugged him a bit but he completely  ignored me.

"We have decided to move the date of our wedding" he said and that got me thinking.

Even I  didn't  know when I was even getting married. When was  I even getting married?

"Dove and I have decided to get married next week on Friday" he announced  and golden confetti  dropped from the sky.

He kissed my cheek and hugged me. "Suprise  baby" was all he said before the journalist  began constantly  taking our pictures again.

What?

This was his suprise.

This awful surprise.

I don't  want to  get married to him.

God , why this now.

Next week Friday. Today itself is a Friday that means , that means my wedding is in a fucking week.

What!

"Baby" said Davis bringing me back from my thoughts. "Smile" he said while indicating that the journalists  were  still taking our photos.

"I knew you'd be shocked." He said before he chuckled and kissed the back of my hand. "Now smile please baby , otherwise you won't look good in the photos." He said  and pulled me to him.

I just huffed internally  "talk about fate" i said to myself.