Chapter 10: Vanya

Amelia's POV

After yesterday's whole ordeal I just decided to go back to my plain self. Nothing intriguing just another girl out there.

"Amelia" someone called me from behind. I knew the exact person but I didn't have time to deal with her or anyone for that matter. But Vanya being her I'm just gonna have to endure her.

"What did I say in regards to Leon." She asked with her hands on her hips. "Don't make me repeat myself. I've seen too many girls like you and I won't hesitate to deal with you the same way I did with them." She said.

"Yesterday , you behaved like his wife. Roaming around like that with your hand in his." She chuckled and looked straight into my eyes. "Consider yourself lucky I'm not doing anything now. Because if I were , you'd wish you were dead" she said and walked away.

I got to into my office and found Bryden going through some files. "Good morning Amelia" he said and closed the file.

"This file is from me and my team. I had to submit it you so that you could submit it to Sir once he arrives" he said. "Alright I'll do that when I'm delivering his coffee and today's schedule."

"Hey I saw you with Vanya some moments ago. Is everything alright? Are you okay?" He asked while putting his hands on my shoulders. "Yes I'm alright." I said and walked to my desk to print out today's schedule.

After Bryden had walked out I went to get Mr Knight's coffee. I had the files , schedule and coffee for him. Now it was time to meet him. My heart was beating a thousand times more than normal.

I knocked on his door and found Vanya leaning on Mr Knight's desk. I cleared my throat and Vanya stood up straight and glared at me.

"I really didn't mean to disturb , I'm sorry" I said and just as I was about to walk away his voice thundered across the room calling me.

"Stop right there" he said. I heard his footsteps and I was sure as hell he was coming to me.

He looked at me straight in the eyes and I couldn't keep up so I just looked at the floor. I felt his hand on my chin and he made me look up to his ocean blue eyes once more.

"What did you do to yourself?" He whispered I frowned in confusion. But he cleared it up by taking the files from my hands and throwing them to the floor. He then proceeded to take my hand and showing me the cut from yesterday's glasses.

"When I cleaned it up yesterday it wasn't this deep Amelia. So you tell me yourself. What did you do" he asked.

I can't tell him that i realised that I have feelings for him so I panicked and hurt myself while trying to rid myself if his thoughts.

"Amelia please just talk to me. What happened" he asked again but this time his eyes held nothing but worry that caused my heart to break.

But he's a guy that every girl wants. Why us he stuck up on me. As if the universe liked be better the door opened and in case Lillian.

"Hey Amy" she said pulling out of Leon's grasp and hugging me.

"Hie Lillian how are you.?" I asked returning the energy.

"I'm alright. Hie baby brother " she said. "Okay I really don't have much time I'm here looking for that interior designer. What's her name again. We were supposed to meet here" she said.

"Vanya March , that's me. How are you Lillian" she said walking up to us. "It's Ms Knight or Mrs Brown to you never my name. We aren't friends. Keep your professionalism." Said Lillian looking straight at Vanya with a serious face.

"But Lee we go way back. We always met up at business events and I was always Leon's date , how can you forget that?" She asked while chuckling trying to lighten up the atmosphere.

"That's exactly why I don't remember. Now give me some designs and I'll choose which one you'll be working on then give it to you " said Lillian. Vanya was a bit shocked but she recovered quickly.

She went to Leon's desk and picked up a grey folder. "I've put the most exq-" but Lillian just grabbed the file from her.

"Is my office still available?" She asked looking at Mr Knight.

"Yes but it might be a little dusty due to lack of use. And you're already allergic to it so we both can use this one" he said

"No can do I'll destruct you. " She said while shaking her head.

"Why don't you use mine" I suggested and everyone looked at me. "I'll be doing something out of my office and other things out of the company so my office will be free" I explained.

"OOOH thank you so so much" said Lillian while pulling me into a bone crushing hug which I've noticed she always does.

"Amelia make sure you tell the cleaning stuff to get Lillian's office ready she'll be coming here often." Said Vanya and before I could respond Lillian snapped her fingers and pointed at Vanya.

"You don't get to give her orders. She's your boss not the other way around. Matter of fact Vanya do tell the cleaning stuff to get my office ready." Said Lillian. I'm sensing that she absolutely hates her.

"Amy could you show me the way to your office" said Lillian while grabbing hold on my right hand and she accidentally squeezed the part where I got hurt. I winced and pulled back.

"Oh my goodness Amy, are you okay?" She asked. She was about to check my hand but Leon beat her to it. "Amelia why did you have to take the bandage off , you're almost bleeding again." He said while going to a cabinet and pulling out and first aid kit.

"Here let me help you with that" said Lillian as she held the box while Leon bandaged the hand. After that was done Lillian looked at me and arched her brow. "What happened ?" She asked.

"It was just a minor accident nothing to worry about" I replied.

"You're lying" she said and her phone rang. "I could do this with you all day till I get the right answers but duty calls. Why don't you show me to your office and we can all proceed with today?" She said and I nodded.

After I showed her to my office I took my phone and bag along with my car keys.

I went back to Mr Knight's office this time I knocked and waited to hear a response from the other side before actually walking in.

"Mr Knight , I'm going to the Eastview Hall to finalise the things for the charity event. I'll be back after 2 hours but before that I have to go to the restaurant to give the a copy of the finalised menu of the ball. " I said. He just nodded "and my schedule.?" He asked.

I told everything about today and times he was supposed to be doing everything.

"Okay then be safe out there Amelia" I just nodded and walked out.

I first had to go to the cafeteria to talk about Mr Knights and Lillian's lunch.

After that I was just at the top of the stairs when my phone vibrated. It was a message from Bryden telling me to text him after I get back.

"You should really listen to me Amelia" was all I heard before I was pushed down the long flight of stairs.

Getting to the bottom my head was aching and the room was spinning really fast. I couldn't do anything but to just accept the darkness that crept over me.