Chapter 18 : just an ordinary day

Leon's  POV

"Thank  you  so much Mr Knight. This is a very promising project  I'll be proud to be apart of" said Mr Douglas as we shook hands.

"Please I'd like you to attend dinner at my house this coming  Wednesday. Bring your son as well. My wife has been meaning to meet him"  He said again. I just nodded "I'd love to attend thank you"  I said.

Mr Douglas and my dad go way back. He's  a happy man but  he's no fool either. He knows  business  he also started his own company along side my dad as well.

After everyone had left the board room ,  Michael and I stayed behind. "So have you told her ?" He asked. I took a sit next to him as some workers from the office kitchen  came in with our food.

"Yeah I did" I said helping myself to some water which i greatly needed. "Really , and what did she say.?" He asked this time his attention was now solely on me. "Nothing , I told her because I  wanted to say it but I didn't want her to tell me just because I said it"  I explained to him.

"Wow!" He said helping himself to the food. "When did you  become so wise and understanding?" He asked I glared at him before the both of us chuckled.

Enjoying our lunch over small  talk he's phone beeped while he was holding his drink. Unlocking his phone and reading the message he choked on his drink.

"Geez man , are you okay?" I asked while handing him some water. "I-i think I'm joining your squad soon." He said still trying to regain himself.

"Which squad?" I asked confused. "The father squad" he said and that's all it took me to be shaking him  "congratulations  man , really congrats" I said. He stood up and he did our bro hug.

"Oh my god" he said while covering his mouth. "I'm gonna be a dad" he said and chuckled. "On a scale of 10 how are you feeling?" I asked feeling extremely  happy for him.

He looked at me and shook he's head. "A thousand" he said and I chuckled. "I'm really happy for you  man. Congrats" I said. "You're gonna make the perfect  dad" I said.

"Where is she now?" I asked. "She's at the hospital she took this picture" he said showing a picture where Sofia is doing a  check up with the monitors and everything.

"You gotta go to her"  I said and he nodded. "Call me" I said and  we did our bro hug before  he went out.

I just chuckled. Michael is gonna be  a dad. He's gonna be the best freaking dad to that child.

Checking the time I decided to finish some pending emails. I really wish Dove was here. She could've done this for me while  I was in that meeting.

Opening my laptop it's like my wish came true. Every last one of them was answered but three were starred meaning that i need to personally  answer them.

After I  answered the three starred emails it's was already four and I decided to go back to the two people who make up my universe.

I then remembered  that I had to take Dove to her apartment  to get all her clothes and everything else. I really didn't want her to step out of the house so I decided to go there myself I'm sure her neighbour Mrs Evergreen will be around  with the key.

Getting to her apartment  I bumped into the perfect person. "Willow , right" I said and she nodded.

"How are you?" I asked her. "I'm alright. Did you come with Amy. She hasn't come home in 3 days granny has been worried about her"  she said looking around for her. I really felt bad about that part but she can't live anywhere where I don't know if she's safe or not.

"Don't worry Do- Amelia is actually at my house. I came to pick up some clothes for  her" I said. "Okay let's go first meet granny then I'll help you pack up" She said and look my hand and began leading me to her apartment.

"Granny  , Amy's friend is here" she yelled as soon as we entered the house.  Mrs Evergreen walked to us. "Hello dear. How's Amy ? is she okay?" She looked worried so I couldn't tell her about the whole Axel issue.

"Yes Amelia is alright. As soon as i get home I tell her to contact  you." I said and she smiled. "Let me give you her keys." She said and walked into the kitchen and came back this a key on a yellow heart holder.

"After you're done packing you can come get Duke I'm sure he's taking a nap somewhere around here" she said and I nodded.

Willow and I made our way back to Amelia's  apartment. Getting in everything seemed  to be in place.

"Let's go pack" she said and ran to Amelia's  bedroom. Getting into the room her scent immediately  engulfed  my senses. It was so strong that it became and addiction  just then. I never wanted this scent missing ever again.

"Okay you pack the clothes in this big white suitcase  and I'll pack her undergarments  and toiletries  in this small  one the medium sized we'll use it for her shoes." She said and I nodded

Getting into her closet I didn't even know where to start. Everything was neatly packed.

"The clothes are on the left sides. T-shirt,  shirts , crop tops , tops are in these first three  sections. Trousers here  , shorts there , track suits here and lastly skirts and dresses here" she said before she got busy taking out  the things she'd be packing.

"How come you know so much about where everything is?" I asked  "That's because we spend girl time in here eating ice cream and mushmellows. Sometimes with cookies from granny's bakery." She says.

"And sometimes  I help her out so I basically  know where everything is"  she said.

"So which grade are you in?"  I asked while putting clothes into the suit case. "I'm a 10th grader" she said. "And how do you like that?" I asked her and she shrugged. " its the worst girls in the 10th grade are so mean and the boys  are always coming up with weird words. This one time they called Trish a 'Pussy' what is that?" She asked  while looking at me intently. "Nothing you should worry about" I said "but don't ever say that word. It's a really bad word" I said to her and she just nodded.

After we finished packing all the three suitcases. I went and said my goodbyes to Mrs Evergreen and did the secret handshake which Willow and Amelia do.

When I asked her why she taught it to me she said its because  I'm Amelia's  friend.

Driving back home it's was already time for dinner. I guess Willow was kinda a good  person to keep company with. 10th grade , as nasty as I still remember it. I learnt most swear words in that grade.

After parking  instructed the guards to take to suitcases up to   Dove's room. Getting into the house I put Duke down and he started barking happily.

He acted so normal  when he saw me. The first time he wasn't exactly happy to see me. 

I heard laughing coming from the living room. Following the voices I saw Milan sitting  on Dove's  lap while holding bith her thumbs on the floor while Lee was sitting across them  doing her nails while Alla was watching the little  mermaid.

Milan was the first  one to notice me. He was very responsive  these days. He'd grown so much in these past few months.

I smiled at him and waved at him with both  of my hands to which he grew excited and began going up and down on   Dove's  lap.

Everyone looked at Milan before following his line of sight.

"Hey baby brother" said Lee. "Hey sis" I said to her. "Hey Leon" said Dove who was smiling at me. "Hey Angel" I said to her.

This totally feels like home.