Chapter 33 : meeting monster-in-law

L          E           O            N

I looked at her. She looked so oblivious  to everything that was happening around her in her sleep. The trouble she's gone through makes me wish she'd just stay like this.

Asleep,  away from all the trouble of the world and into a dreamland where she'll always be happy without anyone else disturbing her.

When I saw her today descending  those stairs with her brother. I wanted nothing more than to ran up to her and kiss her senseless.

I'd missed her all so much that it took a lot in me to not do anything but wait for the right moment.

And when we danced together on the dance floor,  in that short span of time I felt like I had it all. I felt like my life was finally complete as  the final puzzle was in my arms. I felt like I had my family back now.  Everything felt great until I lost her touch in my arms again and she drifted to Davis again.

When Davis got down on one knee I couldn't take it but I kept my cool. I should be the one doing this. I should be the one pouring out my heart to her not that fucker.

Why would they try to ruin her life all over again after everything she's been through , after everything they made her go through. Haven't they had enough already?

I just clossed my eyes  before I  made eye contact with Michael who was standing on the opposite side of the room close to the stage. I nodded and he smiled before nodding back.

He typed something on his phone and just as he started walking the lights were cut.

The next thing was the fire. Yes , we'd planned the whole thing. We need a great diversion in order to take Dove from there.

We couldn't exactly take  her without anyone noticing  since she was the center of attention. So we resorted to this. We had also made sure that any other  fire extinguisher  in that house was out of reach.

Max  was actually  planing on donating them to this fire department that actually lacked asserts so he said.

Now we're in this room and Dove's passed out. She seemed to be having flash backs of some sorts. She seemed confused , agitated  then lastly in pain before she'd passed out completely.

"What do we do now?"  I asked Michael who was sitting on the couch by the window. "Well the reporters  are obviously  going to create some sort of rumour that'll  force the Thompson to hold of the engagement  as of now so we're safe." He told me before her looked at Dove.

"She's not gonna be waking up anytime soon. She looked quite like she was in serious pain before she passed out." He said to me. "Then what , its not like we can just leave  without us trying to talk to her. " I told him.

I didn't want to leave her right now. I only got her in my arms a few moments  ago I can't leave just yet.

"We'll  wait a few more minutes. But as soon as things start to settle down we need to get out of here before anyone else notices us."  He explained to me. I knew he made sense and he was right but I just couldn't do this.

I just need to force myself to except this.

"But don't you think its a bit odd that eve-" but i was cut  short by someone  opening the door that it caused it to bang in to the wall.

"How dare you walk into my house. Who do you think you are?" Yelled Mrs Thompson.

"You and your friend get the fuck out right now. I absolutely  don't want you anywhere near Amelia. Get out!" She yelled again while pointing at the door but I honestly wasn't having any of it.

I took a step forward and looked at her dead in the eye. "I'm sorry but I won't be going anywhere just yet. I need to speak with Dove and I will" I said in a calm voice but my   mind was telling to rip her apart for what she did to my love.

She just chuckled darkly before she looked at me with her hands on her hips. "Listen I'm no fool. I won't just sit back and look pretty and watch you try to crumble something I've been planning way before  you were born."  She said to me.

"You mean to tell me that this whole time you've planned to torture her before she was born. How  pathetic are you?" I asked her with my anger  slightly rising.

"I torture that girl for my pleasure. Its fun to see her beg and cry for something she won't get. She's so naive and that what makes her weak and one thing that I , Colleen Thompson absolutely  hate with every fibre  within me is weakness." She told me before she turned to actually face Dove.

"And she's fucking full of it" she said. I exhaled before I looked at her again blocking her from looking at my Angel with her filthy eyes.  "You know what , in all my years  of living I've seen different  kinds  of hate but you , you don't have that. You're just nothing but a freaking psychopath that can't seem to keep it together infront of an audience."

The moment I said that  , she began to shake and her eyes became blood shot red. "I'm no psychopath." She said lowly and that just proved my point.

She didn't  hate Dove. She was just a very dangerous psychopath  that caused pain  to others and relishes in it.

"Is that what you tell yourself  everyday to maintain a good peace of mind?" Asked Michael who had been silently watching our drama every day.

She looked at Michael before she threw her head back laughing. After a few moments she carelessly got a hold of herself.

"You know you're right. I am a psychopath , but guess what? " She said looking at out "I don't give a damn  and so does everyone else that knows."  She said.

She snapped her fingers continuously before she  stopped as if she'd figured out what she wanted to say.

"Since you're family,  let me let you in on a secret." She said lowly before she looked at Dove. She walked over to her and caressed her head looking at her as if she didn't know what she is.

She studied her face clearly before   she smiled. 

"Somewhere along the lines. I made a mistake. A very big mistake. A now my mistake is now my secret. A secret for 24 years. My secret mistake of a cold winter night" she sang.

She stopped patting Dove's head and looked at us again.

"My daughter , my Dove Amelia  Thompson" she said before she walked  to the window and opened it and pointed out of the window.

"Yes , I did it" she said looking at us with a huge grin plastered across her face.  Both  Michael and I were confused. None of what she said made sense.

"W-what do you mean exactly  Colleen?" Asked Michael in a slow steady voice.

"Oh well , you won't understand if I tell you like this will you?"  She said before she  carelessly  threw herself on the couch.

"What I mean is" she said saying in a baby's  tone. "My real Amelia , had brown hair like mine and brown eyes like mine too." She explained.

"But this Amelia has black hair and grey eyes " said Michael. My heart was beating in my chest. Her next words made my heart drop to the pit of my stomach.

" Yes,  exactly. She's not my Amelia. She's  just her replacement." She said without care. "My Amelia , she was a speaker. She cried so much that night when she was born I couldn't take it so I threw her out the hospital window"  she said looking at us.

"Do you get it now?"