Chapter 17: i won't leave you

Dove's  POV

I was humming a tune which my grandmother taught me while bathing Milan. He on the other hand  was listening  while making baby noises whenever I looked at him and smiled.

After bathing him  I made him wear a grey romper  which covered him all the way to his feet. "Now for your breakfast." I said I took him in my arms again and made our way downstairs.

I made Milan  sit in  his chair  and I started  preparing his breakfast. It was a puree fruit soup.

"Okay baby let's get food in  your little tummy" I said and he giggled while tapping his hands on the table attached on the chair.

"Here comes the aeroplane" I said and my Milan was cooperative. "Aren't you a good baby" I said. He ate the whole bowl which was something I wasn't expecting.

After cleaning the little mess we'd made after ward I took his bottle from the fridge. A few moments of him having it he was now full. I put the bottle back in the fridge with him in my arms resting his head on my shoulder.

I walked around the living room while trying to burp him. After a few moments he finally burped.

I played with him on his mat for a while. But it consisted of him biting his stuffed toys and building blocks. "Oh my goodness what's that smell" I asked myself in confusion.

I looked at Milan who had been quiet for a while. "Guilty as charged" I said and made my way to him.

After changing his diaper I looked at the time and saw that it was time for his nap. Weirdly Milan had to be read a book for him to sleep so I chose  The Little Red Hen for him.

Reading for him was fun whenever he saw something  big or colourful he would make baby noises and attempt to jump while sitting in my lap.

He was becoming less responsive as the book went on and on. "And from that day onwards everyone was no longer lazy and would  always help out

The end"  I said and closed the book. I put it on the table next to the sofa   Milan and I  were sitting on in his nursery.

I put him gently I'm his crib but he shifted a bit.  "Shhh it's okay sweetheart." I whispered to him and he drifted back to sleep .

I took the baby monitor from the  table top and  went out of the nursery. Getting downstairs Leon came in through the front door worried.

"What happened?" I thought to myself.

"Dove are you okay. Nothing happened to you right" he said and I just nodded. "I'm alright Leon what's wrong. Why are you so worried ?" I asked looking at him.

"You weren't answering your phone. I was trying to call you for the last 20minutes." He said. "Oh my goodness Leon I'm so sorry. I wasn't with my phone. I was with Milan this whole time I just put him to sleep right now."  I said he just nodded and exhaled.

"As long as you're okay then it's fine." He said and kissed my forehead something I can never ever get used to. His lips on my skin just always left me with butterflies  exploding  in my stomach.

"I'll go check on Milan" he said and I nodded and decided to go through Milan's  notebook  for a while. I was about to go into the kitchen when Leon pulled me to him.