Chapter 27: bleeding heart that still cares

LEON'S POV

You must be wondering why out of all people that it is me who has been ignoring Dove. I have my reasons. Just thinking about it angers me. And now I'm back at home , looking at the time on my phone it's almost 5 o'clock the sun is almost setting but she isn't back.

I honestly don't even wanna think about where she might be right now. She could even be with that guy.

I can't believe that I fell for that. I fell for her happy smiles and tricks. She's just like the rest of them. Nothing about her is genuine. Milan , my son had already taken a liking to her.

But no , he's still a child he'll easily forget her. She'll just fade away.

*****
Flashback

" Okay Mitchel make sure that everything is in absolutely order. I don't want to come back here often." I said to the girl in charge of the IT department while reading the new technical protocols that Dove had sent me.

This is my first time going on a business trip without her and its just not sitting well with me. To top is all off I can't shake this weird feeling off. I usually got this feeling whenever Milan got down with a fever. So I called his nanny just to check in and she said everything with him was okay.

Then what is it?

Just then my phone rang looking at the caller ID my heart flattered.

L: how are you my love?

D: im alright and how are you?

L: im good , just a bit tired.

D: well don't over work yourself please. It's not good for you.

L: I will my love , I promise.

D: good then , well I just called to tell you that it's now lunch time so stop whatever it is that you're doing and go to lunch.

L: but it's not yet lunch

D: in London it is now lunchtime so go. Talk to me after.

L: okay , my love. I love you

D: I love you more.

After ending the call I just looked at her picture on my wallpaper where she was holding Milan at the park.

"I'm so lucky to have you in my life. I promise , imma give you the world." I said before going to lunch as my baby had instructed.

I had to work late that day and I only got back to my penthouse around 11pm. That bad feeling had become worse. To top it all I had lastly spoken to Dove before I had gone to lunch.

I've been constantly trying to call her but her phone is just not available. My worry is increasing.

I decided to take a shower and call her again after.

After my hot shower I put on some grey sweatpants and decided to call her but a text from an unknown number popped onto my screen.