Chapter 36: Engagement part 2

D           O           V           E

Walking down the staircase firmly holding my brothers hand as the media and magazine camera man all took pictures of me.

"Ms Thompson  whe-" but Axel cut the reporter off by raising his hand at the guy. "It's my sisters engagement  not her interview so please."  He said and led me to where Davis was standing  with a huge smile plastered  on his face.

"You look absolutely  amazing , baby"  he said and kissed my cheek. I just smiled at him before muttering a quick thank you. I tried to scan the room  for my dad. "Where could he be?" I asked myself still looking through the unfamiliar faces but then , one pair of blue eyes met mine.

To be honest everything in the world stopped and every bit of sound stopped at I looked at him.

His stare was intense but not in an unwelcoming way. "Who is he?" I asked myself still looking at him.

My heart started racing , my palms got sweaty and my breathe hitched.

Who is this person?

Why is he making feel like this?

I've never felt like this. It's felt so familiar yet so foreign.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as Davis  made me face him by cupping my cheeks. "A dance before we exchange rings?" He asked looking at me with his brown eyes. I just nodded before he safely guided me down the stage and to the dance floor.

  Just then the song  TONIGHT (THE BEST YOU EVER HAD) started  playing and many couples started dancing swiftly together along with Davis and I.

Davis was singing the lyrics himself. He was quite a good  singer. "Won't you sing baby?" He asked me.  I just smiled and shook my head. "You sure?" He asked me. "Don't worry , you sing" I told him.

Soon we switched partners and I was now dancing with that blue eyed guy. His touch was secure on me making me feel very familiar with him. I feeling of desperation  rose up with in.

Who is he?

He made me twirl twice before I got back into Davis' arms. I tried looking for that guy through out the other songs but I couldn't find him. Even with this shirt and brief meeting with him , after I lost contact  with him I missed him dearly. I felt as though s part of my heart had  just drifted away from me.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. If we could have the couple of the evening up on stage please" said our  host.

Davis smiled at me before he took my hand into his and led me through the red carpet up to the stage as the crowd cheered for us.

"Rings please" he said and our rings both came.  Mom stood by my side holding Davis' ring in a red velvet box on a white cushion.  She herself was wearing a red gown with silver jewellery.

"Now remember  Dove  ,  he'll  go down on one knee and say a few words and lastly he'll  ask you to marry him. Don't pause or stutter because they'll be consequences." She said and I looked at her confused.

"What consequences?" I asked her  smile faltered  but she quickly recovered. "Silly you. I meant the media would rise unnecessary questions" she said but I wasn't really convinced.

Just then  Davis opened a royal blue box that contained my ring.  He then took my hand and got down on one knee.

"Dove , I've always wanted to do this ever since the moment I saw you walk down those hallways back in high school. I was so sure that I only wanted you to be my queen , my love and my wife. So now right here infront of the world I ask you my love to make  the happiest man alive , will you m-" but suddenly the lights when out.

Then  there were some electric sparks near the  stage  and everyone everyone so petrified as the stage had caught an actual fire.

People were running around and trying to get out of the room. It  was a fire due to an electrical disturbance   but someone who was trying to stop the fire poured  water to it and the fire escalated even more.

"Goodness me. Which fucking idiot  would do that" yelled my mother as she was trying to get off the stage.  The room was already filled with smoke it was hard to see where you where going.

Suddenly I felt someone pulling me to their chest before scooping me up into their arms and carrying me off the stage in bridal style.

"Come this  way" said a voice "right behind you" said the guy who  was carrying me. His voice sounded really familiar.

Where have I heard it ?

Everytime I tried to remember  something my head ached so much and I got really dizzy  I'd feel as if I was about to pass out.

After sometime I was put down and the stranger engulfed me into a tight warm hug. "I've missed you so so much Dove. You don't know what it was like without you around." He said not letting go of me.

I tried to pull back but his hold only tightened. "Please just let me do this" he begged. His voice sounded like he would cry anytime so I let him be.

After what seemed like 10minutes he finally let go but still held my hands as if he was a afraid that if he let go I'd run away. I was still looking at our joined hands then it hit me.

I'm in a freaking room with someone I don't even know.

Looking up to see the stranger not forgetting my rescuer  , I came in contact with those same blue eyes just as before.

"You" was all I could say. "D-do  i-" but I stopped in my tracks  as mom's warning came back to me.

"No one knows that you lost your memory. If they find out it'll only be through you and that won't end good for you at all."

When she said those words my blood ran cold. The fire in her eyes scared me. She wasn't talking  to me like she loved me. She was talking to me like I was some sort of robot that only had to follow the rules or face the consequences.

"Do you what , Dove?" Asked the stranger. "N-nothing. I  just" but I didn't have an excuse me.

"You can trust me Dove. Please just tell me. What's wrong?" He asked with his blue ocean eyes looking deep into mine. Suddenly a face starred flashing through my eyes.

It had the same blue eyes. But no matter how much I tried I couldn't grasp it. It was all so blurry I couldn't  quite get a clear picture of him.

Who is this guy?

"You're mine Dove" he said

"I love you more than anything"  again the same voice.

"Dove you mean the world to me"   he said again.

"I'd  do just about anything to always be with you. You make me whole. I love you Dove"  said the voice and my eyes opened.

I looked at the guy infront of  me. This time it was me who was holding on to him as tight as I can possibly can.

"Are you okay , Dove ?" He asked with his eyes full of worry.

"Dove , please talk to me?"

That voice its his. He was the one saying all that. Those are the same blue eyes I was seeing.

He's the one ?

"Dove no, don't pass out. Dove please" but I couldn't no matter how much I tried I couldn't hold on.

My head ached the dizziness  was too much I could take it and my eyes closed on their own.