Chapter 24 : always found

Dove's POV

To say I was scared would've been an understatement. I didn't know whether to open my eyes or keep them closed till eternity. Michael had fired the shot , I felt blood on me but there wasn't any pain. Maybe because of the too much adrenaline I had , I couldn't feel it. What was really going on?

I heard gasps from behind me. I realised how shaky Bryden's hands were on me. His grip was no longer tight and aggressive. "It... it shouldn't have ended this way. Trust me...I'll be back" he whispered into my ear while gasping for air. "I'll always be back. I... I promise you this Amelia". He said before he completely let go of me and fell to the floor.

Looking at him I saw his back drenched with blood with three police officers with their guns pointing at him.

"Dove!" Said Michael as he got to me. "Are you okay?" He asked while pulling me into a hug. He caressed my hair just like what a brother should. "You're okay , right?" He asked and I just nodded. I really didn't trust my voice as of now.

"Just a minute let me call Leon and inform him about this. He really needs to know" he said while pulling out his phone. I quickly snatched the phone.

"I can't let you do this. Leon already has a lot on his plate. He's handling the London incident. He's also trying He's best to locate Axel after I told him to let the matter go. Now if he gets to know about this he'll fly back without finishing whatever he's supposed to be doing there" I said. "So please let me try to handle this. Leon doesn't need to know" I said looking at him with pleading eyes.

"You know Leon is lucky to have someone who cares this much for him." Said Michael while smiling at me. "I won't tell him anything. But under one condition." He said looking at me with a straight face.

"W-what is it?" I asked unsure of what he might ask. "Let's get you wound treated" he said while pointing at my neck. I just nodded and let him lead me to the paramedics who had come to pick up Bryden.

Fortunately those police officers didn't shoot him dead. "Hey , could you dress her wound" said Michael. One of the guys nodded and got the first aid kit. While dressing my wound the cops approached us.

"Ms Thompson , we have a few questions for you regarding the assault. I'm office James Morgan and this is my partner Emma Stone." Said Officer Morgan.

"Describe your relationship with Bryden. How did you guys meet?" He asked while taking out a notepad and pen.

"He was the first person I met went I entered Knight Inc. He was my tour guide and later on he became my friend." I told him.

"And his position in Knight Inc?" Asked Emma. "He was an IT guy. He handled all technical errors and technical security." I told them and they nodded.

"Any weird and strange behaviours that you've noted during the course of your interactions?" Asked Emma again.

I thought about it and shook my head. "No Bryden was always normal he never acted weirdly or anything like that" I told them. "Okay thank you Ms Thompson will get back to you. Now if you please put your contact number here" he said while handing me the notepad.

After I put my contact they left. "Now lets get home. Lillian has been blasting my phone for sometime now" he said and we both made our way to his car.

Through the whole car ride we were both silent lost in our own thoughts.

Pulling up at the drive way. Michael parked his car and looked at me. "Listen , if you need anything at all I'm just call me" he said and I smiled at him. "Thank you Michael. I'll be sure to call you. Thank you for today" I told him.