Chapter 35: Engagement day Part 1

D      O      V        E

I'm  now home and everyone around the house is busy decorating the place.  I got home yesterday  morning around 10am. Axel was the one who drove me home.  Dad had a meeting to attend to and he called in more than five times apologising as to why he couldn't  pick me up.

Now I'm wearing a royal blue  dress that reached my knees and hugged my body quite well.  I had paired this with some white stilletos and my make up wasn't shouting but it was alright with my hair  pulled back into a tight ponytail.

Mom showed me my closet. Everything in it seemed foreign. She said I always paired my clothes. It looked more like her closet but I didn't dwell much on it. Dad did mention that mom always took me on shopping sprees all the time.

"Ah , Mrs Thompson just the lady I was looking for. If you'd follow me. You and your mother will be dining in the garden before the make up artist and everyone else  who's supposed to get you ready starts working on you." Said the house Stewart.  I just nodded and followed him through the house till we reached the garden.

My mom was wearing a dress quite similar to mine.  Her's was a white long sleeved dress which she wore these black stilletos and her hair was let loose.

"Oh Amelia , come. I've been waiting for you" she said I just smiled and got to her. "Dad and I would really like to apologise that your engagement  is being held just after you got out of the hospital. I know you must've needed more time to rest but we've postponed  it to a later date already when you were in the hospital  but if we postpone it  again it would ruin our image   but if you still want it to be postponed we don't have a problem-" but I cut her short.

"Mom it's really okay. I'm really fine." I assured. "Good then , let's eat because you need all the energy you can get before you get busy for the rest of the day." She said while taking a seat at the table which was set for us.

I really don't know why but I just felt like  my own mother blackmailed me.

"So how does it feel ?" She asked me while sipping on her drink. "What does what feel?" I asked her confused.

"You getting engaged to  your true love since high school. So how are you feeling?" She asked me. I just shook my head and took a bite of my food.

"Mom , I lost my memory. "   I told her. "So I'm unsure if  I feel happy  , elated or excited about all  this."  I told her. After a long silence she nodded. " Don't worry about at all. Just enjoy your day okay ?" She said looking at me with a weird emotion.

"Okay" I responded and gave her a small smile. 

Things with my mother have been really weird. She sometimes gives me weird emotions. She makes me feel insecure about being around her. Maybe she's always been like this. Like this one time she asked me if I remembered  anything.

I had told her that  I didn't remember anything of course but I'd have loved to meet my grandparents. She thought I hadn't  noticed it but I did.

Her hands behind her back balled up into fists. She was standing next to a glass table that reflected her back to me. I remember  her saying "Nana and Papa are really not in the picture" she told me.

Dad on the other hand had told me alot of stories about them. About how much time we'd  spend in Miami where they lived.

Which is why now I'm so confused  as to why mom says Nana and Papa  aren't in the picture whole dads stories tell us otherwise. 

"Ms Thompson  you're ready"  said the girls who were preparing me for my big day.

I was so lost in thought I hadn't realised that I was already looking so stunning. I looked in the mirror and I couldn't believe it. The person I was looking at was me.

 To say the dress was amazing would've been a complete understatement

To say the dress was amazing would've been a complete understatement. I couldn't believe that dresses like these even existed. I felt like a princess.  For a moment I felt happy but then , this all felt right but yet so very wrong.

Why?

"You look absolutely stunning Ms Thompson. Your fiancé  is a very lucky man." Said one on the girl who stood there with a huge smile plastered across her face.

"Thank you so much" I said to them with a small smile playing on my lips. "Are you all staying for the ceremony?" I asked them but their smiles immediately  fell.

"These events are only for the A class. We don't fit-in in such events" said one of them who had her hair in a tight bun. "But you are all responsible for making them look so 'A class' " I said copping her words. "I think you should join them too. I'd appreciate it very much if you guys could stick around." I told them and their faces instantly lit with happiness.

"Thank you so much" they all said.

"And there's  a dressingroom full of dresses you might like. I saw it yesterday  but I can't seem to remember  where exactly it is" I said while trying to relocate that room.

Weirdly everytime I went to bed these days I'd  always wake up with a blurry  image of what happened the previous day.

"If you could just get some helper in here" I told them because I couldn't step out of the room before it was really time to. Mom didn't want anyone catching a glimpse of me before I made my entrance from the middle staircase this evening.

"I found one!" Squealed  one of the girls whose name I'd just learned that it's Jocey. "Thanks , uh could you please escort these ladies to that dressingroom. They are going to be my special guest so I'd like it if they looked the part." I told the helper.

The lady just nodded before she escorted the girls out of my room. There was Jocey , Tatiana and Naomi.

What must they be thinking ? I couldn't locate a room in the house I grew up in. I know  I don't remember  much about myself after the accident but this feels extreme. It feels weird. How am I not able to remember places in my own home.

It's my freaking home for goodness  sake. I spent 24years of my life living under this roof. Then why can't I remember  I single piece of information about myself  and my life.

Why?

"Dove dear" I turned to the source if the voice and I saw my brother standing by the door in a maroon suit  with a black shirt in side with some of the buttons undone showing of a  good amount of his chest. He's  hair had been neatly trimmed and so was his beard.

"You look like a real life princess. You look extremely amazing baby girl" he said and I smiled at him. He dramatically  put his hand  on his chest at took a few steps back.

"My goodness , that smile.  You just made yourself  a Goddess without even trying" he said and I giggled.

My heart felt warmer and lighter with how Axel was talking to me. It felt like the first conversation I've had with him that had made me smile and actually laugh.

"Okay now your royal highness" he said while taking a bow before reaching out for my hand. "Let's get you engaged to you lover boy" the  moment he said that all the happiness that seemed to reside in my heart quickly vanished and left me with only one question.

Is he really my lover , do I love him?