Chapter 42: epilogue

M. I. C. H. A. E. .L

Tears couldn't even stop flowing from eyes. I can't believe this. This journey has been the most painful thing I've ever experienced.

"Michael you need to stop crying like this" whispered Sofia who was sitting beside me while holding Malia one of our twins.

"Why not ? Look , my sister. She's right  there. Look even mom and dad are crying and so are every other guests" I defended myself.

"Seriously , you're being too much. How are you going to give your speech as her brother then?" She asked and that's where it all made sense.

"Shit!" I muttered under my breath and quickly wipped my tears. "But baby I still can't belive my baby sister is getting married to my bestfriend." I said to her and she just chuckled. "And I still can't believe you're turning your baby sister's beautiful wedding into a funeral." She complained before handing me Malia again.

Yes , this is what happened after Dove got shot

FLASHBACK

"Dove please stay with me." Begged Leon almost bursting into tears. My heart was beating a thousand times. I can't loose her.

She's just been found I can't loose her now. "Please God please , just let me keep her please. She's the only sister I have left please. Please" I begged internally.

The sirens of an ambulance were now being heard and the paramedics soon got to us.

She was then taken to the hospital and everyone was now waiting outside for the doctors to give us some type of news.

"Mr Knight?" Asked the doctor as he got out. Leon literally ran to him "i-is Dove alright ? What's going on?" He asked.

The moment he took off his glasses I was very scared. More than ever.

" please don't let this be what I think it is " I begged. "Our patient is in a very critical condition. We've managed to take out the bullet ,yes but we still need blood. " He explained.

"Then what's the problem ?" Asked Leon.

"The problem is that we no longer have that kind as the only bag left we'd used for her operation and that has run out now we need a B negative. Does any of you have it?"

Everyone went silent for a while and I finally spoke. "I do" and everyone looked at me.

"Good, how are you related to the patient.?" Asked the doctor. Sofia looked at me and nodded. "S-shes my s-s-sister" I finally managed to say.

"Biological?" Asked the doctor. I nodded before saying "yes".

My eyes met my mom's and she just gasped. "Y-you don't mean that-" Mom couldn't finish her sentence. "I'll explain everything later mom" I said before following the doctor so that I could give blood to my baby sister.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
*AFTER A WHILE*

"Michael , what is going on ? Why did you address Dove as your biological sister?" Asked my mom in a careful tone.

After taking a deep breathe I started explaining to them

" Lillian once mentioned that my eyes looked the same as Amelia so I went ahead and started digging deeper. Milan once calmed this one time by maintaining eye contact with me while trying to find Dove. When we also met at a coffee shop Love and Kisses an elderly woman thought that we were siblings. We tried correcting her but she said we didn't fool her at all. What made things weirder was we order the same type of food for our breakfast. Then that crazy lady who used to call herself Dove's mother once told Leon and I how she threw her actual baby out of the window and stole another one as a replacement.

I couldn't take it anymore so I decided to start tracing back to the time when Dove was born. Mrs Thompson also mentioned that wherever or whichever family that Dove was taken from, the babies were twins.

So when I did my research I found out Dove was born on the same day as Mitchell and Myra. Mom I know you had a c-section when giving birth to the twin and woke up after 2 days and you were informed that the other one was a still-born but mom , there wasn't any still-born." I explained it to her while taking her hands into mine.

"Mom , Dove is our Myra." I told her "Michael that's a big claim. What do you mean she's our Myra. We never saw her , we never got even the slightest glimpse of what our baby looked like. How can you say that someone else is our daughter Myra?" Mom said in tears.

"Mom I did everything , I did DNA tests with 5 best doctors in the country mom. They all came out saying this one truth , she is our Myra. " I told her.

"And even when I didn't belive it then I went ahead and asked Max here to hack into the hospital records. Myra was never recorded as a still-born. However the actual baby Dove Amelia Thompson was. They did take our baby from us but they didn't erase anything regarding her from the hospital records"

"It's true" supported Max

"Michael you mean to tell me that I spent more than 20 years thinking both my girls have passed on when the other one is actually in the world?" Said dad while his eyes glistened with tears.

" Yes dad , she's right here and she'll be perfectly okay nothing is ever going to happen to her" I said and just then the doctor came out.

" congratulations the surgery was a success. You can go in a meet her as soon as she's transferred into another room" said the doctor.

Upon hearing his words I felt like a huge burden was lifted of my shoulders and just like before we explained everything to the now Myra and she took time gathering up and getting used to her real family but she was more than happy to learn about us

***************

"Leon , Myra and everyone else " said Max and everyone laughed.

"Get into a group picture I wanna take this one for my keepsake." He added and everyone came for the photo.

"Okay everyone say SECRETARY MOM WIFE " he yelled and everyone looked at him confused. "Guyz catch up Myra was first Mr Knight's secretary, then went on to being our sweet beloved Milans mommy-" and Milan himself added on

"My mommy" he said and everyone chuckled.

"Yes you cute creature, your mommy then at the end became our very on Mrs Knight , she became the wife"

"Right!" Said everyone.

"Now everyone , smile" he said before taking our picture.

"I just love happy endings" he muttered to himself before walking away with the camera in his hands.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
THE. END