Chapter 39: the past comes to light

D                 O                   V                 E

"Where's Axel ?" I asked my mom the moment we got out of the plane. She just looked at me and rolled her eyes. "He's with his family. He won't be joining us"  she said and got into to the car.

"But mom I'm getting married in 3 days , why won't he be joining us. And his family. What are you talking about?" I asked her.

"You lost your memory  Amelia . You really don't have to act like you're up to date about everything ,  seriously. " She said I just kept looking at her while smiling from the inside.

If only she knew. I know more about Axel than any of them and yes , I have forgiven him. Michael  just told me to sit tight and act like I don't know anything.

As much as I'd very much like to say that I've had my memory back I'd be lying. One thing that keeps bothering me are those blue eyes. I've seen them before. I know more about them than any other. Who is he.

I breathe in and lean back into the seat and relax trying to remember  him.

. "I want to promise you this. I'll always keep you safe no matter what. You made me realise something today that all we have is now and with that said and done Dove Amelia Thompson. I love you."

"I'll always love you."

"You are mine."

"You , Milan and me. Just us."

" I'll always love you. You are my life "

Jolting from seat with my heart racing and my mind bringing him back to me. Every last bit of those memories.

"Leon!" I suddenly said causing my mom to choke on her drink. "What did you just say?" She said looking at  my shell-shocked.

Looking at her everything just came back.

I never had a car accident. I never was in love with Davis.  She made me loose all my memories. She conducted a surgery on me.

"Y-you" was all I said before panicked engulfed  me.  I felt suffocated I the car. I didn't care if it was moving I need to get out.  I needed to get out before everything just  pulled me under.

Taking one deep breathe I opened the car door and jumped out.

I didn't want to listen to the pain now. I just wanted to get away from her as fast as I can. My head hurts,  my vision was blurry  my arms stung from the fall.

Standing up on my feet my ankle was twisted but honestly couldn't stop for that now.

"Someone  stop her!" Yelled my mom from behind me.

"I- i-  I need to get away. Run. J-just run." I kept telling myself. I didn't know where I was going but I knew one thing . I couldn't let anyone chasing me get to me.

"Dove stop." Yelled Someone from behind me but I didn't. My running now turned to limping as my twisted ankle was now giving up and now the pain was demanding to felt.

Suddenly a pair of strong arms held me shoulders keeping from budging or attempting  anything.

"I know what's going on but I need you you give in to this. Just for a while." Whispered the person who was holding me. I tried to look at the person but he was quick enough to  turn  me around so that I could face the smug look of my mom.

"You thought  you could get away so easily. You're pathetic." But I just shrugged and looked directly at her.

"Funny enough those words should  be directed to you and not me. You're the one who is pathetic. How could you do this to me. Your own daughter!"

Me saying that  seemed to have broken something inside of her. "ENOUGH!" She yelled and took fast and quick foot steps to me. She grabbed my Jaw with her nails digging into the as always.

"You are everything  but you are not my daughter." She said and let go. "Sedate her , I've had enough  drama to last me a lifetime from her."

I felt the cold need digging into my skin. "Call Hyde  , I need to talk to him about this." Was all I heard before darkness showed it ugly head again. Somehow the darkness and I were becoming the best of friends.

M        I        C          H         A         E      L

"A-are you sure?" I asked. "P-p-please j-just confirm the test one more time."  Just then I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Baby , it's okay. The test are true. We've confirmed this five times. Don't doubt them." Said Sofia. "Sof , I  don't know anymore. I just had this feeling from the start that there was a connection  between us. I never thought it'll  be this deep" I told her and she just smiled.

"You're just overwhelmed. It's okay. It's totally okay" she said while pulling into a hug.

"It has to be" I whispered back and my phone suddenly rung again.

M : hey man , what's up?

L: you okay ?

M: I'm  totally okay Leon.

L: so we are now going to Rio. The plane is taking of at 9pm today. You ready.

M: trust me , I'm eager to get there.

L: cool.

After ending the call I look at my girlfriend one more time she was already in the kitchen having ice-cream straight from  the ice-cream tub.

"Sof" I called and she looked at me while putting a spoonful of her favourite  treat into her mouth.

"Be my wife" I said. To be honest I looked calm and composed from the outside but inside I was scared. My heart was pounding so much I thought it would escaped from my chest.

Sof on the other hand wasn't making it easy. She was just staring at me with her mouth agape. "Sof please say something" I said while playing with my fingers.

"Come here" was all she said and that got me  even more confused. "W-what" I asked her.

"Don't make me say it again." She said while looking straight at me. I took slow and steady steps towards her. The moment i was close enough for her she grabbed my collar and kissed me.

"Why are you so tense? Of course I'll be your wife" she said while looking at me with the most beautiful  smile I've ever seen.

This is what I've wanted. I wanted Sofia  from the very  beginning. The first time I saw her with Lillian in the mall I knew she was meant to be mine.

"I love you so much Sofia" I said while kissing her once  more. "And I love you just as much" she said back to me.

"But now I need you to go to Rio and get someone very special to you , me and your parents back to us. Okay?" She said.

"Okay"

"Promise me that you  will bring her back." She said  with her hands resting in my chest.

"I promise Mrs South."

**********************

It's been quite  long since I've posted. How are you guys.
These are the final chapters of Secretary  Mom Wife.
Enjoy