Hala knocked on the door of her sister's house. Her elder sister, Naba was living in this house with her in laws.

Her husband's family consisted of just two people, his mother and younger brother.

Naba adjusted with them easily as they were polite, kind and loving to her.

Her mother in law treated her like her own daughter and her brother in law, Aban treated her like an elder sister.

Hala was very happy for her sister. She loved Naba more than anything else. There bond was very strong.

Hala started to visit Naba's house frequently after she gave birthday to a beautiful baby boy, Azaan. He was apple of everyone's eyes.

She was smiling to herself, thinking about her nephew, when the door opened and her smile faded away.

Aban was standing on the other side.

"Tashreef rakhiye" He said in his deep voice and moved away to give her space to enter in the house.

(Welcome)

"Aslamo alaikum" Hala greeted him.

"Walekum salam" He greeted her back and walked to the TV lounge where his mother was sitting with her grandson.

"Ami Hala came" He said to his mother.

"Arre a jao beta. Kesi ho tum?" His mother stood up from her place and gave a warm hug to Hala.

(Come inside. How are you?)

Aban walled to his room.

"I am fine auntie. How are you?" Hala sat beside her on the sofa.

She wrapped her arms around the baby and made him sit on her lap. Azaan happily sat on her lap and started playing with her hand.

"Alhamdulillah I am good. I was playing with my grandson" She said lovingly patting the head of the baby.

Hala passed her a smile and pecked him on the cheek.

"My sweet boy did you miss Khala"

(Auntie)

After talking to her for a few minutes Hala walked towards her sister's room. Naba didn't know about her arrival. She wanted to surprise her.

Suddenly, the boy in her arms started crying.

"Aww why are you crying little Azu" She cooed the baby.

"Churail dekh li hy bechare ny ab roye bhi nah" Aban standing at the door of his room said with a mischievous smile.

(Poor boy has seen a witch should he not be crying)

Hala narrowed her eyes at him.

This man was her least favorite person in his house. Well he wasn't her favourite at all.

She didn't like him even a bit.

"Tum jese dayo ko dekh ke rota hoga. Har kisi ko apny jesa mat samjha karo" She had a teasing smile on her face.

(He cries after seeing a monster like you. You shouldn't think of others as yourself)

"Dayo or main. Duniya marti hy mujh par" He boosted.

(I am not a monster)

"Jo duniya tum jesoo par marti hy wo mar hi jae" She shot back at him.

"You are just a jealous witch. Can't you get tired of being jealous of me" He rested his back at the wall and wrapped his arms on his chest.

He was free, had time and Hala.

It was perfect time to tease her.

"Jealous of you. Why would I be jealous of you? Come out of your lala land Mr. You are not that important" She wanted to smash his head at the wall right there.

"Everyone wants me. Even baby Azaan just wants me. He doesn't like you" He whispered at the end.

"Don't tease me Aban. Leave my way!" She had enough of him.

"He loves his chachu. Right baby?" He came near to her and leaned down to kiss the baby in her arms.

(Uncle)

The baby happily giggled and outstretched his arms in the air, inviting him to pick him up.

Hala was surprised.

"My sweet boy" Aban picked him up from her arms.

"See he loves me more. So miss jealous witch go to your sister's room and leave us alone" He said teasingly and walked to his room with the baby in his arms.

Hala entered her sister's room making her jump at her place.

"Wo badtameez admi mujh sy Azaaz ko cheen ke ly gaya hy" She complained like a child.

(That ill-mannered man took baby Azaan from me)

"Na salam na dua. Atay hi Aban ki tareefain shuru kar din" Naba ignored her complains and gave her a warm hug.

(You haven't even greeted. Just started ranting about him)

"He gets on my nerves"

"He is such a nice man" Naba never liked her behavior to het brother in law.

"Nice my foot"

"He is very helpful to me Hala! He takes care of Azaan so well. Azaan loves him a lot. When he is in the home I do not worry about Azaan. His uncle takes care of him" Naba was very thankful to him.

Naba was right, Aban took care of him like no one else could.

The time proved that, when after a few weeks Naba and her husband met a deadly accident.

The accident which killed Naba.

........................................................

Aren't they cute?

Whom do you like more?

So share your views on comment section.

Don't forget to vote✨