Ezad rose from his chair.

"Right now I don't want to talk to you Lina! You better leave my cabin" He was still not over the stunt she pulled in the class.

"You are asking me to leave" Her eyes widened in shock.

Never, he could ask her to leave. It never happened. It just slipped from his tongue.

Why would he wish for her to leave?

"I didn't mean it" He fastly added.

"You are still angry?" She asked innocently, stood closer to him.

"What's the matter with you?" He stared into her eyes.

"Don't show me your anger Ezad!" She prompted him sweetly.

"I am upset Liyana! It wasn't appropriate for you to sat that in the class" He still remembered the misconduct in his class.

"But I wasn't the one who said it. They were other students. They were giving you flattering remarks"

"But you laughed at it" He reminded her.

"Can't I laugh?" She shrugged her shoulders.

"Yes, not during the lectures"

"I couldn't control myself"

"Well what was so funny in that you couldn't control it? Enlighten me please!" He crossed his arms at his chest.

"It's just funny. Simple as that. You can't understand because you don't laugh at such remarks" She chuckled at the end.

He kept looking at her face. Her sweet laugh consumed her anger in seconds.

"Liyana!" He called her softly.

"Yes"

"Don't do that again in the class. I don't want to snap at you" He softly told her about his reason.

She nodded.

"I wanted to say something!" Liyana was standing on her heels to reach his face.

"What?" He asked with a frown.

"I am sorry!" She whispered into his ears.

He inhaled the sweet fragrance of his shampoo. Closing his eyes he got lost in the moment. He wrapped his arms around her figure.

"Forgiven!" He leaned down at her level and pressed his lips to her ear.

A wave ran through her body. She pressed her both hands on his chest to maintain her balance. She couldn't fall anyway, he was holding her in his protective cage.

"Don't come to my cabin again Miss Maryam" The other moment he moved back slowly, freed her from his hold.

She took a deep breath.

"Sir! It's Mrs by the way" She also considered him as her teacher.

"Okay Mrs Maryam" He nodded.

"I prefer Mrs Ezad" She smiled.

"Can you please go back to your classes? I don't want you to stay here any longer. Anyone could notice it" He politely made a point.

"Leaving Sir!" She said rolling her eyes with a little frown on her forehead.

He smiled watching her back.

...

After a few days, they had to attend a seminar in the university. Ezad also gave a presentation. Liyana was so proud of him. His presentation skils were amazing. She thought, she could never be like him.

After the session ended, lunch was served. Students rushed towards the buffet like they were starving. It was fun doing it. They were making memories, that were never going to be fade.

Liyana enjoyed it a lot. She was happy till she didn't see Ezad with Izzah Haroon, the English professor.

They were standing at the corner holding plates in their hands. They were busy talking and having lunch side by side.

Ezad said something to Izzah and both laughed. Liyana couldn't believe on her eyes. She never saw Ezad with any female, this friendly.

He was laughing casually, standing with a woman, it was very unusual sight.

"Bare sath sath dikh rahy hain mohtarm aj kal Ma'am Izzah k sath. Lagta hy koi chakar hy" Her friend told her as she looked at them.

(Sir is seen with Ma'am Izzah these days. They might be together)

"Together?" Liyana asked her unbelievably.

"Han na wo Sadia ni hy business department wali. Wo keh rai thi usny donu ko teen din pehly Awari ma lunch karte dekha tha" She added further.

(Yes, remember Sadia from business department. She told me, she saw them having lunch at Awari three days ago)

"Kia keh rahi ho?" Liyana's heart beat raced.

(What are you saying?)

"You don't believe it. I was also shocked. I couldn't believe as I thought he was married" She kept saying but stopped when she found Liyana with disbelief on her face.

"Why are you so shocked" She asked Liyana.

"No, I am not" Liyana shook her head.

"Well if you don't believe me I will show you the video she sent me. She filmed them in the restaurant" She opened her cell phone.

Moment later, a short video displayed on the screen. Her friend wasn't making it up Indeed it was Ezad sitting with Ma'am Izzah in the restaurant.

"Both are mature. I think they make a good couple. Hain na Sara" She asked Sara's point of view.

"Hot couple" Sara chuckled.

Sara's laugh pierced through her ears. Liyana couldn't move her eyes from the figure standing at the corner.

All she remembered was that three days ago Ezad lied to her. She opened Ezad's chat on her cell phone.

Her eyes fixed at the message sent from him three days ago,

I have a meeting with the principal at 1 pm. We will leave at 3 pm.

Liyana's eyes filled with tears. Why he lied to her? Was there any reason to lie? He could just say that he was going out with a colleague.

Why he lied about it?

Something was really off, she could sense it.

..........................................................

Things are going to be different now.

Guys! Can you check out my other book FANA, A Love Story. If you are liking these short stories you will definitely like the other book.

Don't forget to vote✨