"Why are you laughing?" Ahmed asked dumbfounded. He certainly hadn't cracked a joke.

"Nothing" The very next moment, his lips pressed together, and a frown formed on his forehead.

"So, what's your take on this?" Ahmed didn't know how to talk to him about this matter. Zarrar would always rage upon mentioning this unwanted topic.

"About what?"

"Marriage, of course. That's what I am talking about for the last five minutes" Ahmed wanted to smash his head in the nearest wall.

"Why do you keep bringing it up repeatedly?" Zarrar asked unhappily, staring into his father's eyes.

Ahmed sensed something looking in his son's gaze. He had some unknown emotions in his eyes. Something Ahmed couldn't quite fathom, but he knew his son needed someone.

Ahmed wasn't going to abandon him now.

"Because I have already decided one thing" Ahmed diverted his attention.

"What?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Either you marry now or lose the property" Ahmed announced calmly.

"I couldn't care less about your property. I don't want it. I don't give a damn about you or your property, and you know it very well. Why do you even think I would be interested in your wealth" His words mirrored the rage building inside of him

"Not mine beta! Not mine" Ahmed remained calm and composed.

"I was referring to your mother's cottage. It's in my name, son!" He smiled as he won the chess game.

"I can't believe you" Zarrar shook his head, not expecting his father to play this game with him.

"I will only transfer your mother's cottage to you if you marry. Otherwise, you must vacate my property next week" Ahmed knew in his heart that he was doing his son wrong, but that's what he had done all his life.

"How could you?" Zarrar snapped at him.

"I can Zarrar! The property is under my ownership. I can do whatever I want to do with it. You have to make a decision my son!" Ahmed leaned back on the sofa as he observed his son's furious expressions.

Zarrar stared at the picture hanging on the wall.

He couldn't leave his mother's place.

Never.

Ever.

He couldn't get married either.

Never.

Ever.

He had to make a decision. He had to choose between his mother or his freedom. He only had one option.

The decision was already made. He couldn't take much time for it.

"I am ready" He muttered those words with difficulty.

His mother had won.

He had lost his freedom.

Ahmed smiled with all his heart. He knew he emotionally black mailed his son, he did him wrong but there was no other way to make him agree to get married.

...

Zohal stood in front of her father as he spoke, gazing out of the window, the raining sound added background to their conversation.

"There's a marriage proposal for you" Fardeen Khan announced to her, his tone was filled with authority.

"Ahmed gave his son's proposal" He continued, his voice taking on a more serious note as he revealed the news.

"I don't want to get married" she revealed with a touch of fear in her heart.

"You don't want to marry?" Fardeen's eyebrows furrowed.

"I don't wish to marry soon" she explained.

"You're already 21. Be grateful that I've allowed you to stay in this house this long, even though you've made my life a living hell" he said venomously.

"I haven't done anything wrong to you, Baba!" She was confused by his attitude.

"Shut up, Zohal. Don't you dare answer me again. I've made my decision. You will marry Ahmed's son, Zarrar, this Friday" Fardeen refused to entertain his daughter's objections.

"Why do you always impose your decisions on me? What have I done to deserve this?" Zohal, her eyes welling up with tears.

"Get out of my room this instant"

"I won't leave until you give me an answer" She protested.

"Don't test my patience, Zohal! You have to marry Zarrar. You can't defy your father. Now, get out of my room!" He screamed in anger.

Zohal covered her ears to escape the verbal assault and fled the room before he could raise his hand against her.

Gul Bano stood near the door, calmly smiling at her.

Zohal stopped at her place to face her.

"This Friday, you'll be leaving this house, darling. Don't cry until then. You have your whole life to shed tears" Gul Bano cruelly stated.

"I won't marry" Zohal gritted her teeth furiously.

"You have to, darling. You have to" Gul Bano was on seventh sku today.

"You're a witch who has control over my father. I hate you for everything you've done to me."

"I hate you too," Gul Bano whispered, leaning down to her ear.

Zohal glared at her with tears in her eyes.

"Be ready for Friday!" Gul Bano grinned evilly and departed to find her husband.

Zohal was still in shock. She couldn't move at her place. Her not so peaceful life had suddenly disrupted.

.........................................................

Both the bride and groom are forced into it.

Let's see what happens next.

Don't forget to vote ✨