°

The walled city of Lahore made her fall in love. It has many narrow streets and bazaars. It's rich in historical landmarks.
The architecture was amazing.

She found it so beautiful. She liked everything about the city.

Buildings.

People.

Food.

The desi food was delicious. Lubna used to make Pakistani dishes at home. They used to eat Pakistani food at restaurants also but she had never tasted the local Pakistani food, it was very different from what she used to have in England.

She loved London with all her heart. It was her city, her home. But she felt connecting to Lahore also. Maybe, it was because of her roots.

They were visiting Badshahi mosque today.

Badshahi mosque is a magnificent architectural wonder. It is one of the biggest mosques in the world which can accommodate thousands of worshipers. It was built in the middle era of the Mughal empire by the emperor Aurangzeb.

The red stone building was beautiful.
The long corridors and open courtyard was filled with visitors.

She felt peace in her heart. She sat in a corridor. Her gaze was fixed at the long minarets of the mosque.

Ayesha, Hamza and Burak accompanied him. Hassan wasn't interested so he did say to his father when Mateen asked him to go with his sister.

Burak was organizing everything as this responsibility was given to him by his chachu.

Maliha didn't not bother about his presence either. He was just the tour guide which she didn't need as she had Hamza and Ayesha.

The brother sister duo was very welcoming. They were her good friends now. She was having good time and memories with them.

"Perfect pictures spot" Hamza pointed at the place, where she was sitting.

"Really?" She asked.

"Yes"

"Okay then show me your photography skills" She handed him her cell phone.

Hamza and Ayesha stood in front of her. Hamza took some beautiful photos of her.

A white duppata was drapped around her head and chest. She was dressed in a white long qameez shalwar. She had a small smile on her lips.

She was looking beautiful.

Burak's eyes were not averting from her. After posing for camera her gaze fell at Burak who was standing behind in the courtyard with his eyes at them.

They were not talking from that day.

She wasn't giving him any chance.

She quickly moved her eyes to the photographs Hamza was showing to her. She liked them all. He indeed was a good photographer.

Hamza and Ayesha were making more pictures now. Some of themselves. Some of the building.

She was watching them from afar sitting at the same place when she felt someone sitting beside her.

Burak sat near her leaving a distance between them.

"Can I sit here?" He asked awkwardly.

"You have already sat down" She told him, shrugging her shoulders.

"I just wanted to talk to you" He looked at her.

"Anything has left to say?" She repeated his words from the other night.

"I want to apologize" He asked in his deep voice.

"For what?"

"I misbehaved with you that night. I said some very horrible words. I am really sorry for that"

"You didn't just talk to me just rudely but you also commented on me personally" She reminded him.

"I know I..." She didn't let him say anything.

"You said I am a spoiled brat. I go to clubs and do whatever I want. You targeted my character"

"For God sake we are sitting at a holy place please don't talk about such things" He didn't like her mentioning clubs.

"And you could do anything. You explained to me very well, about what you think of me. You have made me understand that I am an arrogant person who is proud of her british nationality. I just need your money whatsoever" She repeated his harsh words.

"I didn't mean anything Maliha!"

"I don't care Burak! Leave it please" She said getting up from her place. She walked to Hamza and Ayesha who smiled watching her coming to them.

They spent the day well.

They had dinner at a famous eatery. During the dinner, Burak felt himself extra there.

"I really like this pasta" Maliha told them excitedly.

"I know some other good places where you can have Italian cuisine" Burak took part in the conversation.

"No, thank you" She replied reservedly.

"I make it at home too. I will make it for you" Ayesha suggested.

"She is lying. She is saying she can make this dish but what she makes can never be called pasta. You can call it porridge though" Hamza teased his sister.

Maliha laughed at the bickering of the brother and sister. She liked them too much as she didn't had a sibling. She missed this type of bonding all her life.

Burak felt something in his heart, hearing her sweet laughter.

He averted his attention to Ayesha who was asking him something.

They well all busy talking. Maliha was not interested in talking to him. His brother and sister were busy taking care of the guest, they respected her opinion.

He was ignored.

And he was hurt.

He had apologized to her but she didn't bother to accept his apology. She was leaving in a few days. He didn't want her to go back still mad at her.

'Leave it Burak! She is just a cousin. If she isn't interested don't bother yourself' His inner self warned him.

...

"When will you visit us again beta?" Her uncle asked her lovingly draping his arm around her shoulders.

"At Hamza or Ayesha's wedding" She smiled at them.

"Why not at bhai's wedding? He will be marrying sooner than us" Hamza asked with a teasing smile.

"Because he isn't my friend but you are" She replied throwing a cushion at him which he easily caught.

Burak who was busy watching news on television heard her.

'Ma konsa mara ja raha hoo isy dost bananay ke lie' He shook his head.

(It's not like I am dying here to make her my friend)

"Don't say this beta. Make him your friend too. He is such a nice boy" Uncle took his son's side once again.

"He isn't a boy Uncle! You can only call him man" She replied clapping her hand to Ayesha's for a high five.

"And uncle I doubt on what you said. He isn't nice either"

Everyone in the hall burst into laughter.

'Bewaqoof' Burak pressed his lips together to hide his smile.

(Stupid)

.........................................................

Maliha isn't ready to forgive Burak.

What do you think. Will she leave without forgiving him?

Don't forget to vote ✨