"Hey handsome!" Anaya smiled, checking him out from head to toe.

"Hey beautiful!" Badr released a chuckle.

"Where were you lost? We met after so many days" She complained narrowing her eyes at him.

"I was out of the city. And I like the way you missed me" He said with a cheeky smile.

"You are right. I really missed you" Anaya didn't take a second to deny him. She readily accepted.

Badr nodded his head in amusement. He knew how much she was invested in him. He knew everything.

"Amazing party I must say. Congratulations for your project's success" She kept smiling.

"Thank you Anaya!" He nodded at her with a smile.

"Badr! We haven't been on a date in a long time" She reminded him.

"A date?" He emphasized on the word. It was the only word he objected to.

"My bad. I meant to say a lunch or dinner" She corrected herself throwing her hands in the air.

"Yes that's the choice of words I like. I was thinking when did we become official to go on a 'date'" He said with a cheeky smile on his face.

"You are impossible Badr! Always ready to point out my words" She slightly tapped at his arm.

"Thanks for the compliment" He talked to her for few minutes and then excused himself. Anaya was no doubt one of his close friends.

"You guys make a gorgeous couple" His friend, Esa commented as Badr sat near him on the counter.

"You are right" Badr nodded at him and asked the waiter to serve him a mocktail.

"Are you serious about her?" Esa asked curiously.

"Well I am seriously thinking about to settle down. Mom and Dad wants me to get married. And I think it's the right time. So, yes my friend I am serious" Badr explained and took a sip of his drink.

"That's a good news" Esa patted his shoulder happily.

"So when is the wedding?" Esa asked impatiently.

"Come on" Badr burst into laughter.

"I just told you I am seriously thinking to get married not that I have already planned everything" He explained.

"I am very excited to even hear about it. I must say your wedding would the biggest even of the year in our circle" Esa shared his views.

"There is no doubt in that" He agreed whole heartly. His friend knew him very well.

The next morning, at the breakfast table Ahmed sahab received a phone call. He stared at the unknown number for a second and decided to reject the phone call. He wasn't free to entertain these unknown calls.

The series of phone calls didn't stop. Ahmed answered the phone call in irritation. He wasn't expecting that his world is going to be changed after this phone call.

Ahmed's eyes widened in shock as he heard the news from the other side. His cell phone fell down at the floor. His body jolted at its place.

Badr rushed to his father.

"Dad! What happened to you?" Badr asked impatiently holding him in his strong arms.

"Meri behn chali gayi" Ahmed whispered to him.

(My sister is gone)

Badr stared at him unknowingly. He didn't get the actual meaning of his words. He was even shocked at his father mentioning his sister.

Badr never heard about his phupo from his father.

"She died. Rehmat died. Donu chale gae" A lone tear escaped from Ahmed's eyes.

(They both are gone)

Fareesa covered her mouth. Her eyes widened in shock. She wasn't expecting either to hear such devastating news.

Badr kept looking at his parents face. He was the only one there in the family who was unaware of these people.

Now they had left the world.

..........................................................

What do you think about Badr?

Don't forget to vote ✨