The sun dipped below the horizon, leaving a warm glow over the courtyard of the Lal haveli, which was adorned with fresh flowers, particularly red roses that indicated love,

But was love even involved there?

Maybe not.

Along the flowers symbolic to love, a flower symbolic to innocence and purity was also part of the decoration.

Today was the wedding of Zohal and Zarrar, this was more a union of families, rather than two souls embarking on a new life together.

In the courtyard guests gathered for the ceremony, dressed in traditional attire, the women in embroidered shalwar kameez and the men in white shalwar kameez and turbans.

The air was filled with the aroma of chicken gravy, biryani, tikka and kebabs being prepared for the guests.

The bride wore a beautiful white lehnga with golden embroidery, her hands adorned with beautiful henna designs, and sat on the stage with her father and Gul Bano on both of her sides.

Her eyes had many emotions in them.

It was her big day and she couldn't enjoy it happily. If she were sitting here by her own choice, she would have been the happiest, as she always tried her best to enjoy every aspect of life.

But she was hurt by her family's behavior, especially her father's, who had forced her into this unwanted relationship.

She didn't know anything about the man she was going to marry apart from his name. She wanted to know about him. She wanted to meet him and discuss their new life but nothing really happened.

She took a deep breath to relax herself.

Whatever it was, she was going to be married in a few minutes. She was the bride, the center of attention. Everyone's eyes were fixed at her.

"I hope you suffer Zohal! Like you made me suffer all my life" Gul Bano whispered in her ear.

Nobody could hear her evil prayer.

Zohal saw her unbelievably, she was cursing her on her wedding day. This woman's heart was hard as stone.

But she won't give her any happiness. She won't let her win. She will show her, that her cursing did nothing to her.

Zohal masked her face with a little smile.

"I hope, I will never live a miserable life as you" Zohal whispered to Gul Bano.

"We will see" Gul Bano smiled evilly.

Zohal's sixth sense gave her signals about something creepy was going to happen. Gul Bano looked so confident while cursing her. She was definitely up to that could make her life hell.

At this point, it could only be related to her groom.

Her heart raced with fear as her eyes fell at the man walking towards the stage. She just glanced at him for a second, but she  realized he had a mature personality.

She adjusted her heavy dupatta to hide her expressions.

The groom, surrounded by his father and family, looked royal in black plain sherwani. He walked to the stage with an expressionless face.

"Tasreef rakhiye Ahmed Sahab!" Fardeen welcomed him happily, extending a warm greeting to Ahmed.

(Welcome Mr Ahmed)

Fardeen saw his son-in-law with a hint of pride in his eyes. He warmly extended his hand to him but Zarrar remained reserved, not reciprocating the warmth equally, he greeted him with seriousness in his voice.

Fardeen guided him to sit next to Zohal. Zarrar showed no interest in the girl dressed in white as his bride, he seemed lost in his thoughts.

He was blackmailed into this unwanted relationship by his father, on the name of his mother.

His heart was pierced already and his father gave him a new wound to him today, in the name of this woman, who was going to be his.

In the next few minutes, the Nikkah ceremony was completed, which bounded them in a beautiful yet unwanted union.

"Do you accept Zohal Noor, daughter of Fardeen Khan as your wife?" The Qazi asked him for one last time.

Zarrar took a deep breath. His life was going to be changed. With a wounded heart and soul he whispered those words, he never wanted to say for anyone.

"I do" For him the world stilled for a moment.

"Mubarak ho" Suddenly, a noise was created, everyone started congratulating the new couple.

(Congratulations)

She was now Zohal Zarrar Khan.

Zohal didn't shed a tear as she left the Lal Haveli. She felt no sadness about departing.

This place had given her nothing. Those who lived here had never shown her love. Leaving was not difficult for her.

If she wasn't happy about her marriage, she wasn't disheartened either. She had maturely accepted the fact that a new life awaited her.

Wanted or unwanted, she was now bound to this man forever.

As the car moved away from Haveli, she looked back one last time, in a hope to build a life separate from this place and its people.

She prayed to her Lord,

Allah! make it easier for me, make it better for me. May this union be the reason for my happiness and not sorrow. Ya Allah, help me!

............................................................

Zohal have high hopes🤍

Don't forget to vote ✨