Epilogue

Thank you guys for showing your love to this story. If you haven't checked out my other books yet, do give them a read💜

And kindly don't be a silent reader. If you are liking the story then do leave votes and comment🙂

Do check out my next short story. You will definitely like it🤍

Follow me for more updates if you haven't already. I make reels on Instagram. Follow me on Instagram dreams_valley1

3 years later...

The auditorium of the university was filled with students, faculty and parents. They were gathered for the convocation ceremony.

Liyana was among the students who graduated this year. Ezad was sitting in the front rows dedicated to the faculty, holding his baby girl in his arms. One year old Saira was watching everything excitedly. She was exact replica of her mother.

Same eyes.

Same features.

Ezad was blessed to have beautiful girls in his life. His heart was dedicated to his girls.

"Saira see that's mama" Ezad said to the baby.

Baby Saira giggled and clapped her hands as everyone else was doing. She was very excited to do it.

Ezad kissed her hairy head.

He proudly smiled as Liyana was called on the stage to collect her degree. Dressed in a red maxi dress she was looking beautiful.

It took them a long way to reach here. He was very happy today.

He opened the camera on his cell phone and clicked a few pictures of his wife.

"It must be very difficult for you to manage everything with her ongoing studies" A female member of the faculty gave her unwanted opinion with a little smile.

Ezad shook his head at her.

He hated being discussed.

"No it wasn't. She is very cooperative. We worked as a team so it wasn't much difficult for us to manage everything" He corrected her with a smile.

"Haha you are joking Ezad sahab wife and husband can't be a team" Her meaningful laugh made him uncomfortable.

"Mera or apka koi mazak hy?" He asked sternly.

(Do we share any bond to crack jokes?)

"And if you and your husband isn't a team that doesn't mean everyone is like you. Now excuse me please!" He averted his gaze back to the stage after making her shut her mouth.

He announced his marriage when they got to know about Liyana's pregnancy two years ago. It was the right time to announce it. As he expected, many students and even a few faculty members especially from the female side took this news in a negative way.

A teacher marrying his young student, it isn't easy to digest such news.

No one believed them that it wasn't this way, even after they narrated their story.
He was his husband first, then her teacher. He got married to her before her university started. It wasn't difficult to understand their situation but people gossiped about them. It was one of the hot topic these days.

Such uncivilized behavior took a toll on his pregnant wife's health. He did his best to take her worries away. His support was enough to make her understand that what mattered was their relationship only, nobody had any right to say something nasty about them.

"Mere hote hue kyu pareshan hoti ho tum" He asked raising her chin to make her look into his eyes.

(Why are you worried when I am by your side)

"I am not. I just don't like people" She asked helplessly.

"Am I included in this list?" He asked with fake Innocence in his voice.

"Yes" She nodded, "At the top"

"Badtameez larki" He engulfed her in his arms making her tickle.

Her laughter echoed in the lounge. Ezad kissed her hair.

"I don't want to see you upset sweetheart! I want to see you smiling and laughing" He caressed her cheek with the back of his fingers.

"Pagal lagoo gi ese to" She smiled.

(I will look insane)

"Kiya Matlab lagoo gi? Tum pagal ho nahi" He asked jokingly to make her laugh.

(What do you mean you will look insane? Aren't you already)

"Ezaaad!" She screamed instead of laughing. Her hands attacked his broad shoulder.

"Ap hoon gy pagal" She gritted her teeth.

(You are insane)

"Main to hoon pagal tumare pyaar main" He said non seriously.

(I am in your love)

He succeed to divert her attention. He just knew how to handle her. He had been doing in for years now. He was expert.

He was nothing but a loving husband who supported his wife to reach her goals. His selfless love made them what they were today.

Standing beside his wife, he wrapped his arm around her shoulder. In his other hand he was holding his daughter. Liyana was holding her degree.

They all looked into the camera and the photographer took a few beautiful pictures of them.

Liyana smiled looking at her husband who made her understand the true meaning of love. He gave her the lessons of love.

Indeed she was lucky to have him.

"Ezad! I wanted to say something to you" She took his attention.

"What?" He asked.

"Thank you for everything you did for me. You are the best husband in the world" She said with a hint of tears in her eyes.

"Anything for you Birdy!" He smiled at her.

Their life was beautiful with the efforts and sacrifice they made. Anyone could be happy it's just we have to compromise with few things in our lives and have to put some efforts to make things alright.

Our happiness is just a few steps ahead.

T H E  E N D