°

"I am fina mama! Nothing happened to me" She was talking to her mother who was worried, hearing sadness in her voice.

"Maliha! I am your mother. I know you are disturbed. What happened beta?" Lubna seemed worried.

"Nothing it's just..I shouldn't have come here mama" She didn't know how to explain her feelings.

"You didn't like Pakistan? You didn't like meeting your blood relatives?"

"It's kind a different mama! Anyways, I will call you later" She hung up the call in hurry.

After talking to her mother she was unable to control her tears. She was badly missing her parents, Lubna and Wasif.

Maliha was angry at herself at the moment. What was the point of visiting Pakistan?

'You wanted to see your father. You wanted to see him once. You wanted to see his family. You wanted to see what he is today after losing her and Lubna. You wanted to see his remorse.

You wanted to meet your extended family with whom your mother once lived. You wanted to see this house where she used to live.

You aren't yearning for anything. You just came here to meet a lost portion of your life. That's it'

Here inner voice said it all right.

She had refused so many times for visiting her home country. Then she finally agreed to go. She knew it would be her first and last visit here. She wanted to meet these people Lubna were calling her blood relatives once in her life time.

That was it.

...

"I made a lot of mistake in life" Mateen lowered his head in shame.

It was finally the time she was waiting for years.

For him to accept his mistakes and show remorse.

"I had everything but I destroyed it with my own hands. I broke my family for another woman. I hurt your mother. She suffered a lot in her last days here. I didn't care about you and her. I left you alone..." He stopped talking.

Maliha looked at his face.

He had tears in his eyes.

"I divorced her but you were my daughter. I left you too. I didn't care about anything except my second marriage" He said with jerky voice.

"I shouldn't have left you Maliha! You were part of me. You were my blood. I should have cared about you. I should have loved you but how unlucky I am.

I did nothing for you. I got busy in my life. Never thought about you, and now from the last many years I haven't slept properly, thinking about my sins..

I am not at peace after realizing how stonehard heart I was to leave my own daughter. I am so sorry for..everything Maliha! Please forgive me beta" He burst into tears at the end.

Tears alsk rolled down on her cheeks.

It wasn't easy to hear it.

"I am so sorry for everything" He kept crying.

It was like he was weeping for the first time ever venting out everything he had in his heart for so long.

"I am no innocent. I never was. I was your culprit. I have realized long ago what I have lost Maliha! I lost my everything. Believe me! I lost everything"

She was silent.

She couldn't utter a word.

The past had gone.

He couldn't rectify his mistakes. He couldn't be a part of his daughter's life. The burden of his mistakes were too much.

She could do nothing either. She was longing for this apology all her life. She at least deserved it, if not anything else from him all her life.

"I forgive you!" She uttered those words she promised she would never.

Mateen cried even harder.

"Thank you beta" With tears in his eyes he engulfed her in a warm embrace. She didn't move. She was getting this warmth for the first time in her life.

This man hurt Maliha and her mother but he was still her father. She couldn't change this reality.

"Before coming here mama asked me to forgive you. I just obeyed her" She explained.

"She is a wonderful woman. I was unlucky who couldn't keep her. I am glad she got someone who took care of her unlike me. Tell her, I respect her from my heart" He said wiping his tears.

Maliha saw his remorse today.

She met the lost part of herself.

"I will be leaving on Saturday!" She said getting up from her place, wiping tears from her eyes she walked towards her room.

In the middle of hall, she crossed her path into him again.

Burak saw Her face was red.

Her eyes were teary.

His heart skipped a beat watching her in this state. He didn't like her to see tears in her eyes.

She accepted or not she was pa

He averted his gaze, he couldn't meet her eyes with shame. How could he be so cruel to her.

She was a victim.

How he had forgotten it in his anger.

She didn't give him a chance to say anything. She walked away from him. He watched her till she disappeared in the corridor.

The next day everyone came to know about the development happened last night. Everyone was happy for them. Although Maliha didn't like her father's second wife and the feelings were mutual from both ends, Hassan and his mother both kept their silence.

"Burak!" Mateen called his nephew.

"Yes chachu"

"I want you and Ayesha to take Maliha for outing. I want her to enjoy her last days here" He passed a smile to his daughter.

"It's okay. I think Ayesha and I can go alone" She gave her point.

"This isn't England. You are new here so you don't realize that it's different here. I can't let you two travel alone" Burak said to her with softness in his voice.

"He is right beta" Uncle took his son's side.

Ayesha nodded her head at her telling her it was fine. She just also nodded her head in positive.

She didn't want to go with this man anywhere but as it was her last days here. She actually wanted to enjoy them.

To make memories, which she could cherish later in her life.

One thing was sure, she didn't want this egoistic man in these memories whatsoever.

And she didn't consider him handsome anymore...

.........................................................

Maliha isn't interested in Burak anymore. Let's see what happens between them.

I will appreciate your comments.

Don't forget to vote ✨