Vote on all previous chapters. If you haven't yet🌸

As the car came to stop in front of the cottage, the darkness had completely covered the area, concealing it in a quiet peaceful place.

Only the light on the front door illuminated the surroundings.

Stepping out of the car, her eyes were drawn to the lake beside the cottage, which shimmered in the moonlight.

To her, it appeared as if fairies were descending onto the lake with their glistening, elongated feathers.

It was a truly breathtaking sight. Undeniably beautiful, though it held an odd attraction that strangely captivated her.

Her eyes admired the beauty of nature.

As she stood there, enchanted by the odd beauty of the scene, she couldn't help but wonder about the secrets the lake might hold.

This place, the whole scenery and the engamatic husband, everything was mysterious. The darkness of the night seemed to have an unusual attraction around her.

She was so lost in her thoughts when a deep voice abruptly captured her attention.

"You want to stay outside for the night?" He asked, his tone indicated he might leave her there on her wish.

He was talking to her for the first time and it wasn't a sweet way to talk to a newly wedded wife.

"No" she shook her head, taken aback from his tone and expressionless face.

"Then move inside" He commanded, and with those words, he disappeared into the cottage leaving her alone.

Surrounded by darkness, her heart raced with a touch of fear. She hurried inside the cottage, where he had already placed her luggage while she was captivated by the lake's beauty.

However, she couldn't find him anywhere, and the situation felt awkward. It was an unfamiliar place and he didn't seem bothered to offer her any guidance.

Many questions popped up in her mind.

Why had he been so impolite earlier, and now he wasn't even around?

Her eyes wandered around the small cottage, and it merely took her a few moments to see everything.

She didn't understand what her next move should be.

"Listen to me, woman!" He suddenly appeared from somewhere, startling her.

"You scared me" She stared at him with her mouth opened.

"Pleased to know that" He said without any hint of joking. He was being serious for simply no reason.

"Sorry?" She couldn't understand him.

"Listen to me carefully. I don't like to repeat myself" He stated monotonously.

"Main apko samjh nahi pa rahi" She gave words to her thoughts.

(I can't understand you)

"Koi zaroorat nahi hy mujhy samajhany ki" He said with stoic expressions.

(There is no need for you to understand me)

"I am your wife!" She told him dumbfounded, didn't he understand why she was standing there in his house.

"I am not interested in this marriage. I wasn't willing to do it. I won't tolerate your interference in my life.

I don't like to share my life with anyone. So stay within your limits. It's enough to make you understand I don't want you near me. Find a place for yourself to lie down, and don't you dare come into my room" he raised his finger at her, his tone was harsh.

She remained standing in her place, her mind numb from hearing his words.

"But we're together now, aren't we supposed to share our lives?" She voiced. His behavior was unbelievable for her.

"Married or not, I value my independence" His dark eyes stared into her soul.

These weren't the words he was supposed to say to his newly wedded wife. They were meant to start on a new life together, building a bond of closeness and understanding.

Then what was he saying to her?

His unwavering gaze locked with her, sending a firm warning about the path their future might take.

She felt horrible.

"I thought our bond was supposed to be about openness and trust. What happened to that?" She struggled to hold back her tears.

"I don't believe in this bond" He glared at her.

"What do you mean by all this?" She raised her voice.

"Watch your tone, woman! Don't you dare raise your voice at me. I won't tolerate it for the second time. Got it" He pointed finger at her with murderous glares.

She suddenly felt a wave of fear running through her whole body. It wasn't a simple situation, it was tense. Very tense. The man standing in front of him wouldn't be easy to handle.

She felt her life was in danger.

"Don't interfere in my life" Uttering those words to her, he ended the discussion and walked into the only bedroom of the cottage.

I never imagined my wedding night would turn out like this, a tear ran down her cheek.

She was broken.

.........................................................

Zohal seems more mature than Zarrar.

Don't forget to vote ✨