𝐓𝐰𝐨

"V wake up

"V wake up...I swear to god V wake up!" The feeling of something soft landing on my face jolted me up from my comfortable position on my bed. "What the fuck Val" I rubbed the back of my hands on my eyes, trying to adjust to the bright lighting of our room.

"Your alarm has been going off non stop, get up or turn it off, I'm trying to sleep" she groaned, rolling back over to face the wall. I felt around for my phone before turning my alarms off, pushing my covers off and headed towards the bathroom to get ready.

After I did my makeup and hair, I threw on a white sweater with a black skirt and stockings, paired with my signature black converse. No matter how shitty I feel, I can't help by try to present myself the best I can in front of others.

Once I put my headphones on, I rushed out the door as quietly as possible, in hopes not to wake up the beast again. I was quick to make it out of the hall, out towards campus. I don't have class today, I keep my alarms going because if I don't wake up early I feel as if the whole world is going to collapse, just because I wasted my day.

I planted myself down on a bench farther away from the main sidewalks the students were using. It was under the trees, providing me some much needed shade. The neighborhood played through my headphones as I rummaged through my bag, I felt guilty lying to Val, but I just couldn't help myself.

I pulled out a cigarette out of the box, along with a lighter before lighting it in between my fingers. I closed my eyes, tilting my head back as I basked in the feeling of the cool breeze blowing through my hair ever so often.

Usually, I don't like to be alone in my thoughts, but right now, as I drowned out the world around me, I felt okay for once, I know it'll be short lived, but for now, I was going to hold on to it.

Unfortunately, my peaceful moment was interrupted when a hand wrapped around my wrist, pulling it forward, me along with it. I snapped my eyes open, using my free hand to pull my headphones down.

The same cold brown eyes from yesterday were staring down at my hand, the cigarette burning out as he held his grip firm on me. "For fucks sakes!" I pulled my hand back, wrapping my other hand around my wrist from his tight grip. I slowly put the cigarette out on the bench, before rising to my full height, staring back at the mystery man.

"Stay away from me." I pushed past him, headed back in the direction I came from, but I didn't get far before the same hand grabbed my arm, turning me back around to face him. As if my body was rejecting my rational thoughts, I felt tingles shoot up my arm as he held me there, his hand burning my skin from the sensation until he let go.

"Don't talk to me like that little girl." Was this man out of his mind? My brows pulled together as I tried to read his face. Not a speck of emotion was held in his eyes, they were glazed over, and much darker than they were yesterday, sending a chill down my spine. "I won't talk to you like that when you keep your hands off of me."

I turned around, speed walking away like my life depended on it, and thankfully this time, he didn't try to follow me. I didn't stop walking, nor did I turn around until I made it back to my room. I tossed my bag on the ground and kicked my shoes off before falling back into my bed.

"Good morning to you too" Val mumbled, propping herself up on her elbows to face me. "It hasn't been a good morning at all, I'm taking a nap." I grumbled, throwing the covers over me, letting the comfort of my bed drift me back to sleep.

By the time I woke up, the room was dark, signaling is was now night time, Val was nowhere to be found, so I checked my phone, seeing a text from her light up my screen.

Valentine:): Went to grab dinner from the dining hall, rest up sleeping beauty :)

I sent her a quick reply letting her know I was alive before rolling out of bed. I was still in my clothes from this morning, which was starting to be extremely uncomfortable, so I quickly changed into pajama shorts and a white tank top. I pulled my hair up into a high ponytail, knowing it was going to look like a frizzy mess if I walked into the bathroom, before tossing myself back onto my bed.

I hate wasting my day, I wasted my entire day and now I have no clue what to do with myself. I sprung out of bed, pacing back and forth in the small dorm room. Anxiety overwhelmed me as I thought about all of the things that must've gone wrong while I was asleep. Are my parents okay? What about my sister? My chest started to constrict and I couldn't get enough air into my lungs.

I stepped into my uggs by the door and rushed out of the room. My vision was blurry and all I could think about was fresh air. The second I pushed through the doors, I felt my body relax. I sucked in a sharp breath, thankful to feel the air entering my lungs.

I hate panicking about such small things, everything overwhelms my thoughts, no matter how small it is. It makes me feel weak.

I stood in the cool breeze with my eyes closed until I started to shiver. It was only August in New York, but the breeze mixed with no sun, and my very revealing attire made me cold.

"You're going to get sick you know" A small voice broke the peaceful silence of outside. I turned my head towards the girl, her bright blue eyes stared at me with worry, I hate  that look. Her curly blonde hair bounced with her steps as she came closer to me, holding her hand out for me to take.

"I'm Anna, I'm assuming you're a night owl like myself to be out here all alone" She gave me a small smile, and I found myself returning one just like it. "Vivian, I'm actually more of a morning person, but I guess I am today"

"Once a night owl always a night owl" She beamed, grabbing her phone out of her pocket before handing it over to me. "for the next time you decide to adventure out at night, text me, I'll give you company" I slowly typed my number in, surprised at how nice she was being.

After she sent me a quick text so I had her number in my phone as well, we bid our goodbyes, and I headed back into the warmth of my dorm room.

Although I slept my whole day away, I still found myself exhausted from the encounters I had today, so I climbed back into my bed, hoping as always that tomorrow would be a better day.

🌸🌸🌸
Word count 1228
not edited!
I'm sorry this was short 😔 But welcome Anna! I think you guys will love her :)
Leave your thoughts!