𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Play this song when you start reading if you want to! If it doesn't load

it's All I want by Kodaline :'(

There is something wrong with me, I know that. For days I've sat in my bed tossing and turning, questioning every detail of my life. At least I've gone to class, I'm up in that aspect of life.

It's taking a toll on everyone. Val's been begging to keep me out of the room, and I've done everything in my power to keep Adonis away. Unfortunately, I think I've made up my mind about what I need to do.

My heart hurts, I've never cried so much before now. My heart is begging me to push these thoughts away, but I just can't let it go. The migraine I've had for days pounds against my skull as I try to think rationally for a moment, but to hell with that, I've never thought rationally before.

I knew it would be me, this is why I never wanted to get close to him in the first place. I didn't want to fall in love, I'm not meant to fall in love, I know that. Maybe, just maybe, if my father hadn't shown up and ripped open old wounds, I wouldn't be in this position.

All my life, I refused to prove him right. All of it. Yet, his words circulate in my mind nonstop. It's embarrassing, really. I'm a fucking adult who still cries about what her daddy says to her. I think the amount of belittling I've done to myself the past few days has only made it worse. When I shut down, I shut down so hard I don't even know what to do with myself anymore.

My phone has been taunting me nonstop. I know who it is, and I know he's giving me my space, but he doesn't deserve this. He deserves someone who can put one hundred percent into the relationship. Someone who doesn't run off after every minor inconvenience. I was right when I said we are destined for failure. Whoever I have been thanking for giving me this second chance of life must hate me right now. I've texted and deleted my message a thousand times by now. Do I have the balls to do this? Absolutely not.

Adonis🥰

Lunch?
12:16 pm

Sure, meet at the cafeteria?
12:55 pm

A knock on the door cues my suspicion that he has been waiting for me to text back this entire time. I don't even have the time to get up before it swings open, revealing Adonis with a familiar brown bag in his hands.

"Hi, Angel." He places a kiss on my forehead and another flow of tears brim to the surface. I know my face is puffy and I look like shit. I took one glance in the mirror and walked right out of the bathroom

His eyes are full of concern as he scans me up and down. "What's wrong?" His hands come up to cup my face, his thumbs brush against my cheeks, wiping away the tears that spilled out. "I can't do this." My voice sounds so weak it makes me sick. I watch as all of the color drains from his face, "What are you talking about?"