𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞

If there's one thing I know, it's that my intuition is always right

If there's one thing I know, it's that my intuition is always right. The air is thick with tension as everyone gets ready to go back to campus, not a word from anyone.

I quite enjoy the silence, but I know it's eating Vivian alive. Her eyebrows are permanently pulled together, and there are prominent dark circles under her eyes.

She looks like me at this moment, except her doe eyes make her look sad, instead of angry. I'd like to say I didn't throw the gas into the fire last night, but I have been waiting for the day that Val blows her fucking cover.

It was wrong, I know. Yet, I couldn't refrain myself as she blabbed on and on about how Sebastian is a liar. Sebastian is a lot of things, but a liar isn't one of them.

Vivian tosses and turns for over an hour. Her forehead creased as she slept not so peacefully. Even in her dreams, the situation is eating her alive. My girl has gone through so much in the past twenty-four hours or so, and it's fucking killing me.

Her eyes snap wide open as if she was never sleeping at all, rolling over to face me. "I can't sleep any longer." I can tell. "What's on your mind, angel?" I prepare myself for the array of excuses about to come my way. "I don't believe him! He's angry and tired of looking like the bad guy." She tosses her head back into the soft pillow underneath her. "but how would he know such a detailed part of your life?" I fight back the words so desperately trying to pill out.

"It's Val we're talking about Adonis. Everything stays between us. Sure, silly stories come out, but he must've just overheard a conversation of ours!" She's trying her hardest to cover up the truth of the situation. I hate it. "Since when do you talk about your family in front of an audience?" She purses her lips at me. "Maybe it came out accidentally." Frustration balls up in my chest as I let her continue. "He's a dick! I fucking hate him. Regardless, he should've never said that in front of everyone."

"Trust me, Vivian. He learned his fucking lesson, but that doesn't cover up the fact that Valentina is sharing very detailed aspects of your personal life." It's hard to stay calm in moments like this, but I'm trying my damned hardest for her. "I don't believe she'd do that, and you won't change my mind." The time bomb that was ticking in my throat finally set off at her words. "Vivian." I grasp her chin in my hand as her eyes wander away from me, "Valentina. shares. everything. She sits on our couch and talks about you nonstop. Every gruesome detail. From your ex-fucking boyfriend, to what you eat in the goddamn morning."

Her eyes well up with tears as she stares back at me, "I love you, and I tried so fucking hard to protect you from the truth, but this girl wouldn't know what a secret meant if it hit her in the goddamn face." She shakes her head at me, back and forth, back and forth, over and over again. "That's not fair.." Her voice trails off as a tear slips down her flushed cheek. I wipe it away tenderly with my thumb, scared I'm going to break her further. "That's not fucking fair that you kept that from me!" She starts to wiggle away from my hold, but I snake an arm around her waist, holding her captive.