𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

I'm sick, not physically, but mentally

I'm sick, not physically, but mentally. I'm genuinely going crazy. I never have peace and quiet in my own room anymore. I swear to god if someone comes over one more time unannounced I'm gonna to put a bear trap in the entrance.

Right now Parker is making himself comfortable on my bed, pestering me about a specific brown eyed boy. "He's crazy Parker, end of story." He smiled up at me from his sprawled out position, "Does that mean you're in the market?" I rolled my eyes, throwing myself down onto the bed next to him.

"Define in the market, I haven't had sex in so long I think I'd scare any man coming in my direction." I let out a frustrated groan, running a hand down my face. It was so easy to talk to Parker, even thought I was definitely over sharing by the shocked look on his face.

"Well I-uh, didn't necessarily mean it that way..more you know..emotionally perhaps but I guess that too?" It came out more as a question than a statement, causing me to break out in a fit of laughter.

"What about you Cadwell? Anyone catching your eye?" He ran his fingers through his hair, pulling at the ends, seeming to be questioning what he was about to say. "You could say that..maybe. I think Im too much of a free bird."

I rolled onto my stomach, laying my chin on the back of my hands, Parker was definitely a free bird, his words, not mine. From what I've seen he's got a very flirtatious, charming energy about him, yet I've never actually seen him with a girl. Surprising, I know, because he's definitely a smoke show, Val's words, not mine.

I fear Val is trying to set me up with any man within a ten mile radius of us, practically begging on her hands and knees for me to get laid. Which is why I'm assuming when Parker came over she left to go on a walk. Val hates cardio, I've tried countless times to bring her along for a run or even just a walk, to which she not so politely declined.

"I'm going to rob you of that statement, I'm also a free bird, let the wind take me where it may, or whatever that saying is" He chuckled, a deep, sexy kind of chuckle. Did I ever think I'd use the word sexy to describe anything about Parker? No, no offense to him.

"I'm not sure how much longer you're going to be able to say that with Adonis around." My brows pulled together at his words. I'm going to lose my mind if one more person brings him up in any other way besides mental.

"The day I let him come near me if the day you need to admit me, got it?" He chuckled, propping himself up on his elbow. "I'll hold you to it V,  you better pack your bag now, because I doubt it'll take him much longer before he cracks." I pushed him away from me, rolling off my ph so comfortable and warm bed.

"You know, I planned on having a lazy day, but all of this crazy talk is making me want to be more active." He rolled his eyes, throwing one of my many decorative pillows in my direction. "Oh yea? And what do you plan on doing?" He stumped me, I was hoping he'd leave me to it so I could get back in bed, but now it seems that I actually have to do something to get him out.

"Go on a run" - "I'll join you" - "I actually need to study" - "What a coincidence so do I" - "Actually i'm going to go grocery shopping" - "Great I could use some more cereal." Goddammit. I've run out of possible excuses.

"Come on V you can't get rid of me that easily, no more Adonis talk, scouts honor." I eyed him suspiciously for a moment before crawling back into bed. "one word and Ill throw you out myself, got it?" He threw his hands up in defense, motioning that his lips are sealed.

We spent god knows how many hours watching criminal minds before he decided to go grab food with everyone else, I declined, saying I actually needed to catch up on work. Did I? No, but who's going to fact check that one besides me?

I decided it was a good time to actually go on a run, the suns setting and it seems calm
outside. The wind is whipping through the trees, silently telling me I need a jacket, or at least leggings.

I love nature, always have. As a kid i'd beg to be outside no matter the weather. I'd wake up early just to watch the sunrise every morning and appreciate the world around me. There's something so peaceful about it, the silence, but the warm hello from mother nature herself.

The wind whipped through my hair as I got outside. I thought about texting Anna to see if she wanted to tag along, but it's only seven, which isn't her usual texting time. If I waited a few hours I'm sure I'd have ran into her, but the thought of running around in pitch blackness was terrifying.

I used to do it back home, turning the volume up on my headphones in hopes that in the case someone was coming to get me, I'd be blissfully unaware. Id rather go out that way, instead of knowing my impending doom is coming and there's no way for me to stop it.

I'm a future person, always looking towards what may be to come, what the possible outcomes of any interaction I have my bad, but in this instance, I'd prefer to not know. I applaud all of the people who would want to know when or how they die, because of all of the fears I have; the last thing I need is to be on high alert of the one thing i know will kill me.

I hardly ran, it was more of a speed walk slash jog before I gave up and made my way back to my room. Per usual, Val was sprawled out on her bed groaning. "Thank god, can you turn the light off? Im so comfortable and I refuse to get up." Rolling my eyes, I obliged, shuffling into the bathroom to get ready for bed. God, what a day.

🌸🌸🌸
Word count: 1041
Ugh i'm sorry this is now a filler chapter, I was loling at the fact of V and Parker having a semi thing later on, but then decided...no! So here's a little filler fun for you :)

dont forget to vote and comment your thoughts!
hugs :) - Ash