𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲

When life gives you lemons, you sure as hell make lemonade

When life gives you lemons, you sure as hell make lemonade. In the past, I tended to take the lemons and step right on them like a spider loose in your home. I'm so used to self-sabotage, it almost feels laughable to see where I am now.

As I sit in my sociology lecture, my mind races with the past few months of my life. Whoever is looking out for me, deserves a raise, or a drink. I'm surprised they haven't given up on trying to sort my life out by now.

The cologne I'm oh no familiar with floods my senses, causing goosebumps to pebble across my skin. I glance over, taken aback by the sight beside me. No matter how many times I see him, even though he has seen me completely exposed, he still makes me nervous.

A smile graces his lips, "Hi, Angel." Reality strikes, "Hi, why are you in this class?" His major has nothing to do with sociology, I know that for a fact. "You like this shit, so I want to learn more about it." I feel the heat spreading across my cheeks. I do have a tendency to blab about psychology quite a lot.

It's a tad embarrassing honestly. The amount of information I have stored in my brain on the reasoning of humans actions and emotions. You would think I would use the countless hours of studying and knowledge to my advantage and help myself. Yet, I only focus on the future of helping others so they don't end up like me.

"You mean that?" I bounce my leg up and down, trying to listen to the lecture while trying not to get lost in the sound of his voice. "I'd do anything if it interests you, hell, I'd collect rocks from the sidewalk if I saw you do it." Sometimes, I really want to test that theory and see how far he would go, but that's just plain cruel.

I got lost in my train of thought, going off into a mental tangent until his hand came down on my upper thigh. "Keep bouncing that damn leg Vivian, and I'll give you something to bounce me." I forget that it irks him, I honestly don't know why it does, and I've only ever done it on purpose twice, scouts honor. "Don't challenge me, Auclair." His lips tug up as he inches closer towards me, so close I can feel his breath against my neck. "Humor me, what are you thinking of?" Oh, this man is sick.

I push him back, frowning at the sudden loss of heat. "Cut it out, I was joking you creep." I have mentally decided that is my nickname for him. I know it isn't a good one, but if the shoe fits, right? Honestly, if I asked, he'd bend me over right here. Hence why I call him a creep. "You're no fun." Well, that is a damn lie if I have ever heard one. If anything, he's the boring one in this relationship. Wait, relationship?

Unfortunately for me, that one simple word kept flooding my mind all of class. i zoned both him and our professor out, and little beads of sweat formed on my forehead as I delved deeper into the thought. Maybe we missed a step? No, we definitely missed a set. We slept with each other, we fought, and we said I love you. These all sound like regular things that one does once they're already dating. Somehow, we have done it all except the actually dating part.