𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

Right

Right

Left

Left again

Right

My hands move in unison on their own accord, my fists colliding with the punching bag harder than they ever have. My arms burn as I move faster, harder. "Again!" Keil, my childhood best friend screams from behind me.

I work through it again, sweat beads on my forehead as I move around, every time I get tired, I bring every emotion I feel back up to the surface. Anger, hit, sadness, hit twice, betrayal, I miss. "Get the fuck out of your head, what's wrong with u today!" I'm one word away from making him my punching bag.

"Shut the fuck up." I groan, taking a step back, I'm over this fucking session. "Fuck this." I pack up my duffle bag as Keil's eyes stay trained on me, fucking creep. "Is this about that chick?" Chick. My jaw ticks are the word he decided to use. "Call her that again." I rise up to my full height, Keil is similar to me in build, but a couple of inches smaller.

He raises his hands up in defeat, "My bad, man. What's going on with you?" He's the biggest nag I know. He graduated last year, and since then, all he's wanted to know was what has been going on since. "Nothing." The last thing I want to talk about is my fucking feelings.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket for the tenth time today, so I finally decide to see who it is. I was fully expecting it to be Parker yapping about what movie to watch, but to my surprise, it was Vivian.

My Angel

What the fuck was that?
8:06am

Where are you?
10:34am

So it's only not okay if I dont answer the phone?
10:36am

Fuck space
11:55am

Talk to me Adonis
12:05pm

You're just going to pull that stunt and walk away?
12:07pm

k.
12:10pm

I'm sorry.
12:23pm

The string of messages squeezes around my lungs, stealing all of my air. It fucking kills me to not talk to her. My thumb hovers over the keyboard, but I close the app before I can respond.

i don't want to do this. I wish I didn't have to, but she needs to figure her shit out. I love this woman, I love her to death but I can only help her so much. I really hope she took my advice. I know she's my end game, I just hope I'm hers.