𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞

Smut warning at the 🌸 ;)

I have not a single idea of how to shop for women. I've been in almost every store in this god-forsaken mall, and come up blank. Almost everything I see, I know she will look good in, but it isn't the perfect dress I can imagine for our first date.

It hit me like a ton of bricks when Vivian asked such a serious question. She's comfortable enough around me to open up, which makes me feel like the luckiest man alive. When I watch her go out, it takes everything in me to not knock out every man who gives her a second glance. She doesn't see the effect she has on everyone around her.

When I promised we were going to have a date one day, I didn't think it would be under such serious circumstances. I never imagined she'd fall in love with me without anything good. All I've shown are the bad parts of myself, but when she looks up at me with her doe eyes, I know she sees good in me. That alone makes me want to be a better man, for her.

There are a million and one thoughts flooding my brain as I picture her in every dress on display. Nothing sticks just right. Too shiny, too puffy, too much print. I was one minute away from giving up hope until a mannequin caught my eye in my peripheral. I'm sure I've walked past it a million times by now, but it's just now sticking out to me.

I look at the black, silk material flowing down to the floor. The top has a coreset style, and by the looks of it, a slit running up the thigh. Fuck if she won't look perfect in this. I feel like I'm overdoing it as I pay, watching as the cashier wraps the dress up. Did I pay to get it packaged as a gift? Abso-fucking-lutely.

I thought picking out a restaurant was the hard part. I wanted somewhere nice, but private. She's not fond of crowds while she eats, or too much noise if she isn't buzzed. There wasn't a chance to get any sort of special "party" area when it's just the two of us. So, I opted for the outside patio. I've always hated the idea of eating outside, but for her, I'd do it every day.

Shopping was ten times worse than the amount of phone calls I made today. I'm so fucking happy the hard part is over, and for the rest of the night, I can spend admiring the woman I love. I love. It felt fucking fantastic to hear her say it back. I didn't expect it, at least for a long time, and I'm thanking god every day that I get to hear her say it.

I regret taking my bike, my backpack is smooshing the box. Well, that was partly my fault. I shoved it in as hard as possible to get it to zip, but I'm blaming the fucking bag. I won't miss up on a semi-warm day, at least it's the warmest day we've had in months. Fuck, I should've gotten her a jacket. It's not fully outside really, just an outside-appearing seating area full of glass. Regardless, with her and Valentina's closets combined, there will be something for her to wear if she's cold.

Valentina is ecstatic about my plan. I had Sebastian ask if Vivian was home before dropping it off. Thankfully, she went into full-blown friend mode, dragging her out of their room, but landed over at mine. The worst part is, as soon as I drop it off, she's taking her back to get ready, so I don't even get to see her. What kind of bullshit is that?