𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

"Valentina!" I shouted from the bathroom in our room, she came rushing in, horror written all over her face

"Valentina!" I shouted from the bathroom in our room, she came rushing in, horror written all over her face. "Can you fix the curls in the back for me?"

She placed a dramatic hand over her chest, "I thought something bad happened" she rolled her eyes, grabbing the curling iron and fixing pieces in the back. I hardly ever curled my hair, it was pin straight, and so long that I didn't have the energy to curl it for over an hour.

"All done! Let me grab hairspray" the amount of hairspray she used was enough to put me to sleep, the smell overwhelming the bathroom. "Okay okay that's enough. I wish I knew how to do beach waves like you" I frowned, looking at her long golden brown hair, which seemed to always be down in perfect waves. "Maybe I'll teach you...but it is my staple after all" she gave me a mischievous grin before walking out of the bathroom.

I sat down at my desk, finally taking the time to do my makeup. It's a little after nine pm, Val and I had only taken one shot as to not daily miserably doing our makeup. This was always my favorite part. Since high school, we always got ready together to go out, even if it was just to go to the mall. We'd sit at each others small desks together, hogging the mirror from one another to do our makeup.

Come to think of it, it's crazy that Im sitting here with her in our dorm room, getting ready to go to a bar. It was moments like this where I knew that better times were coming, and those better times were now.

Grabbing my cherry red lipstick, I rubbed my lips together, I wasn't much of a gloss girl,  but today I decided to add sparkly clear gloss on top, tonight was a special occasion. It was friends o'clock.

As always, Val was one step ahead of me with the outfit options. "What do you think of this?" she showed me a simple white dress, I shook my head, "That's more of a brunch dress."

"Noted, what about this?" she continued doing this until half of her closet was sprawled out on her bed, even when I started to agree with the outfit options, she said she didn't like it anymore.

"Wait this is perfect!" She held up a denim mini skirt, paired with a skin tight black shirt sleep crop top. "Hm...it just need good boots to go with it, but I love it" I chimed in, even though I knew she had already made up her mind.

I had already made my mind up the other night about what I wanted to wear. I turned around to show Val the Two piece set, a black very mini skirt which was definitely to her liking, with a matching spaghetti strap top, it has a deep v line, with delicate white lace details and a small pink bow right in the center.

"For the first time in years I'm so proud of your choice!" She squealed, quickly changing into her outfit, me following suit. I took a look in our full length mirror, fighting back all negative thoughts that came spiraling through my mind. "You want a shot?" I started pouring two shots of vodka into our corny new york city shot glasses, linking arms with Val and counting down from three as always.