𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

I'm sweating profusely, I feel like I'm going to throw up, and I want the world to swallow me whole at this moment

I'm sweating profusely, I feel like I'm going to throw up, and I want the world to swallow me whole at this moment. I stare straight ahead, watching the small clock tick so slowly I want to rip it off the wall and make it move faster myself. I should've flunked my finals, I'm not ready, I'm so going to fail.

I stayed up all night, even though I knew I shouldn't have. The anxiety was eating away at me, I just tossed and turned all night. I'm running on about three hours of sleep. The black iced coffee on the desk is practically laughing at me, knowing it won't wake me up like I want it to. "It's not going anywhere, angel?" His oh-so-familiar voice reaches my ears, and my shoulders relaxed.

"Sorry, just nervous is all." I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. My legs bounce rapidly underneath me, and for the first time, he doesn't say anything. Maybe he doesn't want to stress me out even Father, and because of that, I felt a small pang in my chest.

The sudden contact of his hand made me jump, he rested it on my shoulder, rubbing his thumb in circles. "I would say you can cheat off of me, but I'm going to cheat off you, so don't bother." My mouth hung open. "We are both going to fail! Where is your academic honesty, Adonis?" He only smiled, shaking his head at me.

The professor finally gave us the go to start, I logged into the exam, staring at the start button for a moment. I cant fuck this up, I can't let my emotions always get the best of me, I am tired of sulking, and all I want to do in life is succeed. Adonis leaned over, coming incredibly close to my ear, too close. i can feel his breath fanning my neck as he spoke. "The test isn't going to start itself, angel." Fuck, okay, breathe Vivian.

I hovered my mouse over it, eventually clicking the dreadful button. Seventy-five questions. Not the end of the world, I'm sure there's an essay at the end of this, those I'm good at, those I know I can pass with flying colors. My mind drifted off to Adonis for a moment, he needed help with his before, I hope he got it down.

Once I got into the groove, the test started taking itself. All of the anxiety washed away as I started to get more confident. Who said you can't study last minute? Everything is still fresh in my brain right now. I could be fooling myself, I could be completely bombing it without even knowing, been there before. The feeling of excitement thinking you aced it, just to finish and the hideous score stares back at you. The kind of score you lower the brightness on your laptop for.

I checked the time, twenty minutes left on the exam before it closes down. I took a peak at Adonis' laptop, not to cheat, but to see where he's at. He stares at the writing prompt, his eyebrows are pulled together, seemingly in deep thought. It's a thousand-word reflection on the semester. Not bad, it is an easy point if you fill it with enough fluff and bullshit the teacher won't care about. He finally gets to typing, and he does so quickly. I tear my eyes from his laptop and start working on my own.

What the fuck have I learned? I learned that procrastination is key? That's not going to make the professor happy, if she even takes the time to read them at all. I let my thoughts take me, typing away mindlessly, words start filling the empty box quickly, and the more i write, the more thoughts that come to mind.