𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

"Honey I'm home!" Val's cheery voice rings through my ears. I squint my eyes open towards the clock, two pm. Jesus, I never sleep in this late. Sure, I can spend all day in bed, but i dont sleep in this late in the day. I rose my middle finger up in the air for her to see. I'm in the worst mood on earth, adonis puts me in the worst mood on earth.

"Finals are tomorrow V, get your ass up, let's go study." Fuck. I completely forgot, again. I studied my ass off yesterday, but planned on spending the day rotting in bed, pretending there are no finals and I have nothing to worry about. Agreeing to study with Val may be the worst decision I have ever made. Our study sessions actually turn out to be gossiping sessions for three hours straight, not that I'm complaining.

"Can't we just study here Val? I don't want to get dressed. Let's just open the window and pretend we are in the library, I'll even talk quietly." She rolled her eyes, "We are always the loudest bitches in the library, get real V." She's right, I dont even know how many times weve gotten almost kicked out of the library.

I slid down off my bed to the ground, crossing my legs underneath me. Val dropped my school bag in front of me, tossing a bunch of pillows down on the ground as well. I set my stuff up, laptop, notebook, pencil case. I laid them down in font of me on the floor neatly, "Ugh! Can I borrow a pen? I thiknk I left my stuff at Sebastians." Do i want to let her borrow a pen, no. I only keep one black pen in my bag. So instead, I stood up, scrambling through my desk until I found another pen. "Here" I tossed the pen in her direction, taking my place back on the floor.

"So...I've got great news!" I nodded my head, flipping through my psych notes. I started typing out my green notes into a doc as she continued. "Since you can't stay on campus during break, I got our airbnb early for you to stay, until the rest of us get back from visitng family." I glanced up from my laptop, giving her a suspicious look. "How fun, Im going to rot alone in an unfamiliar house for a week before you all come filing in." Her mood shifts, I can feel her anxiety in the air. "Well...please please dont get mad at me, but I may have invited Adonis to stay as well, since he said he isnt going anywhere either, I know you dont like new spaces so I wanted you to be with someone you are comfortable with!"

Fuck me, oh god why me, please why me. "One...I am not comfortable with Adonis." lie. "Two, I dont care if he isnt going anywhere." lie. "And three, what is he murders me? Leaves me to die? Thinks Im a freak and tells everyone?" Val only smiled at me as I spoke. "You are the worst liar on earth. I know it is not ideal, but I think this could be really good for you guys! And if anyhting goes wrong, just call me and ill cut my trip short." No matter what happens, I would never make Val leave her family, they are the kindest souls on earth, and deserve time with their daughter.

"Im going to throw up. Does Adonis know?" She nodded her head, looking down at her laptop. "Sebastian is telling him as we speak, Im curious as to what his reaction will be, I bet you hes over the moon right now, bright smile, getting all hto and bothered thinking about you in the hottub, thinking about fu-" I threw a pillow at her, making her close her mouth. "Okay okay! I'll stop, but seriously V, you need to get laid, and no offense to Sebastian, but Adonis is fucking hot." I wish I could say shes wrong. Adonis is walking fucking sex appeal. Everything about him, every small detail makes him more attractive. I fucking hate it.

"Does our printer still work? Im going to write out a list of ground rules" She nodded once more, and I got straight to work, abandoning my study sheet. I thought for a minute, tapping the green pen against my lips.

Number one: No entering the other persons room without knocking. Good start, no walking in on eachother naked. Number two: We switch cooking every other night. Do I like cooking? Yes, regardless if I want it or not, I've seen Adonis eat, he could eat for three people in one sitting. I'm not going to be stuck feeding him every night. Number three: No surpise trips, I started the rule in green, switching over to blue, unless given a twenty four hour notice. Number four, No questions if we go anywhere. Number five..No funny business.

I looked down at the paper, making the heading in all caps with my pink pen, ground rules. That's good for now. I switched back over to my laptop, scanning over my notes. "What's with all the colors over there? You need to teach me how to write notes!" Val stared down at my notebook, to whcih I quickly shut it. "It's a system, it's nothing fancy, just keeps me organzied, plus, you type everything, I gave you that pen and I havent seen you pick it up once." She only smiled again, "I know, I just wanted to piss you off." Of coruse. That is typical Val.

We spent the next three hours half studying, half catching up. I told her about Adonis coming over, but left out the fact that I went over to his, and you know, kissed him. I told her about the phone call with my parents, and she gave me, A LOT of information about her and Sebastian. Nothing is TMI in our friendship, plus, I lveo living vicariously through her, since im not going to be like her for most likely, an incredibly long time.

Our phones buzzed at the same time, I took a glance down, our group chat was going off. Val started typing away, so I decided to take a look.

Six Musketeers

Parker: Are we going out this weekend or what?

Damian: I don't know why but i'm in

Val: yes yes yes! what's the occasion? where? what's the attire?

Parker: to celebrate the semester ending, duh

I'm not going if I fail

"Ugh come on V!" Val tossed her phone down, "You're not going to fail, i promise! And if for some odd reason, which won't happen, you do, you can get so drunk that you don't remember! it's a great idea! Plus it's one last hang out before we depart for awhile" I can't help but roll my eyes, we're going to be separated for a week, not a year.

"I'll think about it. if I ace my tests I'm in, i don't have time to think about going out right now." If i let myself get sidetracked for one moment, I'm going to fuck up, and i can't fuck up. I refuse to prove my parents wrong, on anything.

I spent the rest of the day cramming. My brain physically hurts, and I need to get some sleep. The last thing i want to do if walk into exams tired, god i'm so not ready for this..

🌸🌸🌸
Word count: 1260

Hi you guys!!! I'm sorry this was short:( the next few chapters are going to be so good, i promise!!

I love you guys and thank you for being patient with me!!!

Love,
Ash:)