𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

LONG CHAP WITH SMUTT AT THE 🌸;)

Playing Tetris with my suitcase is starting to get annoying. Our Christmas trip was only a few months ago, and here I am, sitting on top of my suitcase for another getaway.

Hotels are easier for me to settle into. they have the same idea or format. Lobby, free breakfast, a handful of floors, and comparable rooms. I've stayed in my fair share of holiday inns and whatnot for my parents due to traveling, so I'm the least bit concerned.

This isn't exactly a regular hotel, in reality, it's the entire floor of one, but I'm going to pretend it's normal. Still inside a hotel, still has free breakfast, still has a pool, check. We really need to move out, this would be so much simpler if we didn't have to move all our shit across campus and down flights of stairs every time we leave.

When I get an apartment, the only need I have is a working fucking elevator. It used to. Two blissful years of saying fuck the stairs, but this year, they said fuck the elevator. I don't know if this is their way of telling us to exercise, but it's a messed up way to go about it. I have had too many drunk accidents on those stairs.

"Shake your head around again!" Val is seriously obsessed with my hair, probably a little more than I am. My hair flows around my shoulders, tickling my neck as i shake my head around, "Happy now?" Her head bobs up and down frantically, a large smile gracing her lips. "Im so obsessed, i might cut mine next!" Val used to have a bob, back in high school, but she hid it with extensions because of how much she hated it.

I still cannot believe I convinced her to come with me in my car. She was deadset on going with Sebastian, but I in no way shape, or form wanted to somehow get stuck with Adonis. It's only thirty minutes out, but it would be the longest thirty minutes of my life.

I don't necessarily want to spend the weekend with awkward tension in the air, but what can you do? I didn't plan on having a weekend getaway in a world where we are ignoring each other. I blame my friends, not myself.

The sound of my zipper closing in is music to my ears. I spring up, satisfaction littering my face as I pull it upright. "Are you ready, bitch?" Val zips it up as soon as I roll mine toward the door, "Fucking finally!" A pink neck pillow rests around one shoulder, a large pink duffle bag on the other. "Why are you packed like we're going on a flight?"

She shrugs her shoulders, pushing her luggage out the door, "You can never be too prepared." That's our motto. Honestly, if I was drunk enough I'd get that tattooed somewhere. Hopefully, that day never comes.

"There you two are!" Parker has unnecessary energy so early in the morning, well, early for me. "Why are you here?" His smile doesn't falter as he grabs both of our suitcases, "Helping my two favorite women out." Oh, thank heavens. "Yay! I had no clue how I was going to get this thing down the stairs."

I watch him in awe with two insanely heavy suitcases, one in each hand as he carries them down effortlessly. He doesn't look very built, but he sure can lift. "You're a lifesaver, Parker." He places them down on the ground once we hit the main floor, rolling them towards the double doors. Anxiety bubbles in my chest as I catch sight of everyone else waiting by their cars. We decided on taking as many cars as possible this time around, even though it's so close to home. We all seem to overcompensate.