Chapter 48: Saving a plane.

Scene from Kingdom Hearts: Die Hard 2

The paramedics arrive to check to see if any of the police officers are still alive. Barnes is with John and the heroes. He's talking on the radio. John is patching up his arm for him.

Barnes: Me? Yeah, I'll live, but Lorenzo's swat team is dead, and the antenna array is-- Is gone. Didn't you see it? Start looking for a new miracle. 

As he talks, both Sora and John hear something beeping, and radio chatter. They both look around, and see one of the dead bad guys. They walk over to him as two men are about to put it in a body bag. They flip him over. Barnes and the other heroes see this. 

Barnes: (Talks on radio) Just hold a minute. No, I'll be right back. Just hold for a second. Something's going on here.  Yeah, yeah, yeah. Just hold on for a minute. 

John looks around the body, and he pulls out a walkie talkie. They hear a man talking on it.

Man on walkie: I say again, Annex team, give us a sit rep. Annex team, come in. Do you copy? 

John: It's got some kind of scramble on it. Can you do anything with it? (Gives it to Barnes) 

Barnes: (Looks at it, and checks it out) No. This scramble mode must activate on this code panel. Even if we scan their frequency, we can't listen it. These guys are pros. 

John: So are you. Break the code. We wanna hear what these scumbags are saying to each other. 

Barnes: This is a 10-digit control panel, six-digit readout. Heck, that could be a million combinations. Next time you kill one of these guys, get him to enter the code first. 

John: Yeah.

Sora: Wait. Jeremy, can you do something with it?

Jeremy: (Looks at it) No. I can't. Something tells me this is hacker-proof. I don't think I can get us through this.

Meanwhile, in their lair, Lieutenant Lawrence looks up, and sees one of their men coming down. 

Man: Sir, we just monitored a call from their chief engineer. Our people took out their swat team completely. 

Garber: You were right. They went for the antenna array. We're right on schedule. 

Stuart: Losing our own team wasn't part of the plan. 

Lawrence: He's right. Looks like we need to show them what we're gonna do. 

Stuart: Right, Lieutenant. 

He walks over to the phone radio. He dials the number, and contacts the tower. Lawrence and the others watch him. Back at the airport, everyone hears him talking. Barnes takes out the radio, and John takes it. 

Stuart on speaker: Attention, Dulles Tower. Attention, Dulles control tower. Mr. Trudeau, I know you're listening. Unfortunately, you're not obeying.

Riku: How about you try us face-to-face, and we'll see?

Stuart on speaker: You were warned not to try to restore your systems. You've wasted lives and precious time on a futile and obvious target. Now you're gonna pay the penalty. 

John: (Talks on it) I got five dead officers down here, colonel Stuart. Isn't that penalty enough? 

Sora: Yeah. You killed off five good men, colonel. Men that probably had families! 

Lorenzo on P.A.S: McClane, you and Sora keep out of this. You've both been nothing but pain--

William: Shut up, Lorenzo!