Chapter Nine

I woke up in Wade's arms. Everything around us was moving like super speed and I could see three shadows behind us.

"Wade, their behind us." I tried to say but nothing came out. I looked up him studying his features. His jaw was clenched and he had stubble on his chin. We turned a corner and I grabbed him, my head screaming from rush and he looked down at me.

"How are you feeling?" He asked and I blinked.

"A bit fuzzy actually." I told him and he smiled and turned another corner.

"Where are we?" I asked and he frowned.

"We are still in Chicago, I took you to the cave with the others and they agreed to help now we just need to get you better." He said smiling at me. I smiled back and looked behind recognizing one of the bikers from before that was dropping off the girl. We slowed down in a crowd and I looked at Wade.

"Think you can walk?" He asked and I nodded. He put my feet on the ground and I realized I had tennis shoes on that had holes.

"Huh. I just bought these." I whispered and he smiled.

"No time to shop sweet thing." He said and I looked at him.

"Your funny." I pretended to be amused as the other guys stopped by us. I looked at the figures and smiled.

"This is Josh, Daniel, Liam, and Aj." Wade introduced me to them and I looked at each one giving them smiles. Each returned the smile before looking around. Josh had brown hair with golden eyes and dark skin, Daniel had Black hair like Wades but it was short all most bald, with gold eyes and pale skin, Liam was bald with a goatee and gold eyes, and Aj has blond hair with light skin and skinny unlike everyone else (not that they were fat they were just muscular).

"We shouldn't stay here long we just need to get some help from..." Aj stopped and raised a brow at something behind me and Wade.

"Dakota!" I turned to see a crazy dressed man with makeup all over his face walking up. I wanted to laugh and gag but just stayed silent.

"Roland!" Wade said smiling and hugging him I looked at the others guys. They didn't look amused.

"Hey, what are you and the boys up to?" The man asked not acknowledging me.

"We are looking for some help, where is Zenthor?" Wade asked and the man frowned.

"This must be serious business. Last time you spoke to me of him was when we first met in the halls of change." Roland said and Wade frowned. I was about to say something when a sharp pain hit my abdominal and I grabbed it trying not to cry. I closed my eyes and took six deep breaths before opening my eyes again and finding myself laying on medical bed in a Victorian house. There was a sharp pain in my chest and I winced grabbing my chest.

"Calm down. Everything's going to be okay." I looked up at Wade. He had more hair on his face than before and dark shadows around his eyes. I wanted to cry, scream, and curse at the pain but at the same time I felt myself calming from his hand on my shoulder.

"It h-hurts." I told him and he closed his eyes and I seen his the tension in him in his face.

"I wish I was dead!" I screamed and he sighed.

"Please don't say that. This is all my fault. I'm so sorry." He said and I shook my head.

"No its not. It can't be. Please don't say that." I said and he let go off my shoulder and I let out a whimper.

"I let them do this to you because I was too foolish. I swear if this kills you Ill make them pay for hurting my one true-" He stopped realizing what he was telling me and turned to me. Years fell from my eyes from the pain but I smiled.

"Love, true love." I finished for him and he stepped closer but shyly looked away. This time I reached up grabbing his face and making him look at me.

"I love you too." I said and he smiled.

"Step back, Dakota." Wade turned to see an older man standing there with a cane and long white beard.

"Alexis this is Zenthor the wise the first of the Vampires and last living." Wade said and I looked the man in the eye before another wave of pain hit me.

"Whats wrong with me?" I asked and Wade tensed up again and Zenthor took a few more steps forward touching my forehead. I let my head be pushed against the pillow as he went to a small metal table to his side and grabbed a scalpel. I was about to say something when he pressed it to my arm cutting it open. The pain was bad but not as bad as the chest pains.

"They put a poison inside your body only meant to hurt vampires, its suppose to melt them from this inside out. It hasn't never been put inside a human until now." He swallowed and grabbed some long like metal tool. I leaned my head back as he dug it into my arm.

"Can you remove it?" Wade asked and Zenthor laughed.

"Now it has." He said pulling out a crystal like mineral and placing it in a small tray and handing it to me.

"This is what it does yo humans. It takes your blood and turns it to tiny crystals that group together until they form a clot, like the one in your heart." He told me and panic set in. I grabbed my chest and began breathing rapidly but Wade walked over putting his hand in mine. I looked into his eyes and tears welled.

"There's only one thing to do." Zenthor said from behind us.

"What? Tell me!" I said and he looked to Wade. Wade looked me in the eyes and let out one word.

"Vampire." He said and I looked at Zenthor.

"Do it. Anything to let me live. Do it!" I screamed and he shook his head.

"I can't only the one person willing to share his soul with you can." He explained and looked at Wade. I looked Wade in the eyes and a tear fell from one of mine.

"Wade?" I grabbed his face and he closed his eyes.

"I can't." He said and my heart fell.

"Why... Not?" I asked out of breath and he opened his eyes.

"I already gave it away." He explained and I let go of his face and looked at the door. Standing there was a familiar figure.