Chapter Two

"I'm home from school!" I yelled walking in the house and putting my bag in the closet with my shoes.

"Were in here sweet heart!" Mother called and I waled in the kitchen where all my friends and family stood to greet me.

"Happy birthday!" Mother said first hugging me.

"Thank you everyone." I said receiving hugs all over and birthday presents.

"Where's my granddaughter?" I turned to see grandmother standing there.

"Grandmother!" I said hugging her.
"Happy birthday sweet Bree." She said hugging me and kissing me. I smiled looking at her unchanged image.

"You are turning into a lovely woman." She said and I smiled.

"Not as lovely as you grandmother, you do not look a day over eighteen." I told her and she smiled.

"But truthfully I am sixty four years of age, and your grandfather is one hundred and seventy." She said and I looked at him. His hair was slicked like usual making him look like a greaser off of the movie cry baby.

"Happy birthday Bree." He said smiling and handing me a box. I looked at him and he nodded for me to open it. I tore the box open revealing a necklace of crimson and a bracelet to match it. I looked at the bracelet Dahlia gave me earlier and took it off replacing it with my grandmother's.

"They look beautiful on you sweet Bree." Grandmother said and I smiled. I turned to the rest of my friend who piled me with gifts and smiles but truthfully all I wanted was to be alone...