Chapter Two

The sun warmed my face as we walked down the side walk to Silas's car. He opened the door for me and I got in buckling up. He got in next and did the same before starting the car. We drove in silence through the town and put into the country. We had gone forty miles before Silas stopped the car in front of an old farm.
"We have to walk the rest of the way." He said getting out and coming around to open the door for me. We walked to the tree line far from the farm and entered. I followed Silas quickly as we neared a huge clearing filled with vampires. I scanned through all the vampires recognizing each one that I had killed.
"He called them here a week ago, the same night my family caught you. He's preparing them to attack the whole city." Silas explained and I frowned.
"Your family?" I asked and he let out a ragged breath.
"They went into hiding yesterday but it's not going to matter." Silas said closing his eyes.
"Vlad's going to destroy the whole city." He said almost at the right moment as Vlad came into sight. He looked through his warriors frowning.
"We have to do something." I said standing but Silas pulled me down.
"Are you crazy! Even if you wanted to you couldn't and even I don't want to help them. They killed you, Dahlia!" He said and I looked down at my hands everything becoming clear.
"And you gave me half your soul." I said and he looked at me.
"But that's not why I look this good, you stole all of the vials from Carrie." I said and looked up at him.
"I'm still going to die." I said and he growled standing.
"Why can't we just be happy!?" He said louder and I looked over at the army. Some of the putter vampires looked our way and I grabbed Silas.
"Quiet!" I whispered and he rolled his eyes. The vampires looked but when they didn't hear or see anything they turned back to their group.
"Silas, I'm not meant to live." I looked at him and a sadness over came him.
"Its okay. I promise." I told him standing to go to the army but he grabbed me and knocked me out.