Chapter Four

I walked down the streets of the city. It no longer sang with horns from traffic or had busy crowds, only a few remained and those who did watched everyone else in fear. The once crowded businesses had signs that glowed close and some homes had boarded up windows and doors. Dogs ran the streets hungry and looking or their owners. Children walked alone down the side walks. I sat at a bus stop for an hour watching the city with wet eyes.
"How could I let this happen?" I asked myself. Only a week ago the city was lively and busy at this time.
"Excuse me?" I turned to see a little girl standing there.
"Whats wrong?" I asked her and she sniffled through her tears.
"I can't find my mummy." She said in a British accent.
"She looks like this." She said holding a picture of her with a woman up.
"If you did her will you tell her to come home?" She asked and I looked down at the ground.
"Of course." I said holding my sadness back.
"Thank you." She said turning and walking off. I watched her turn the corner before sobbing. I got up after my tears dried and walked down to the big white building. I went inside finding it deserted. I opened door three and went to the filing cabinet opening it and finding my father's file. I sat down and opened it reading it all.
Wife: Jane Leah
Daughter: Dahlia Harrison
Siblings: Vladimir Dracula, Wade Dakota, Mara Dakota
As I read further I realized that this wasn't just an attack over an old broken friendship but a broken family...