Chapter Three

"I don't do the whole birthday thing." He explained as I sipped my soda.

"Why not?" I asked and he smiled.

"Because the day Bree and I were born was the beginning of the many years I sent ignored and lonely." He said and I gave him a look of pity.

"What did you do?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I tried to get attention but it only made things worst. I did bad things while Bree was the perfect angel. In the end I packed up and left." He explained and I sighed.

"What about you?" He asked and I smiled.

"I don't know when I was born. I mean I think I'm seventeen right now because I was seven when my mother died and that was ten years ago but I don't know what month or day." I told him and he frowned.

"Vlad doesn't know?" He asked and I smiled.

"Vlad was only after my powers not after a relationship with a daughter." I explained playing with my straw.

"Well, what if I told you I could find out when you born?" He said and I looked at him.

"You can!?" I asked and he smiled nodding.

"Come on." He said throwing money on the table for the tip and leading me out. We caught a bus to central town and got off in front of an older building.

"Follow me." He said leading me inside. We went to the fourth floor and went to the desk.

"Hello we are looking for Dahlia Harrison's records?" Silas asked and the woman looked at us both.

"Your identification?" She asked and pulled a school Id out of my pocket and handed it to her.

"Door three, code is 9-8-0-3." She explained and I nodded walking in front of Silas to the door. I typed the code in and the door clicked. I took a deep breath and entered. We looked at the filing cabinets until the one marked H was found. Silas opened it and read the file tabs.

"Hey, what was your father name?" He asked.

"Samuel Harrison." I said and he pulled out a file titled Samuel Harrison. He handed it to me and I took a deep breath.

"Samuel Harrison born human in nineteen eight three, died human two thousand and fourteen..." I looked away from the file and took a deep breath.

"Do you want me?" Silas asked and I nodded. He took the file and began reading.

"Died during the war to a princess..." Silas stopped and I heard the air catch in his throat. I looked at him and he frowned.

"Milo West..." He said and I closed my eyes.

"Your father is the same man my mother used to tell us was the bad guy... He killed my great aunt and uncle... He tried to kill my mother... I'm so sorry." He said and I let a ragged breath out.

"It doesn't matter, he got what was coming to him..." I said standing and wrapping my arms around my body.

"Dahlia, I'm so so-" I ran out before he could finish his sentence and to the elevator. As soon as the doors closed I collapsed and began crying. I thought if I could find him we could have our relationship back and he could save me... But it wasn't to be.