Chapter Twelve

I opened the door taking a deep breath and walking forward.

"Come here dear. I can hear your father." Mother said standing by the railing and looking at the sky.

"He wants to talk to you." She said but I was afraid of the edge and backed up.

"Its okay your father's here to take us home." She said holding out her hand but I shook my head and she frowned.

"Dad died mom. Today in the car accident?" I said but she shook her head.

"You can let your thoughts hold you back all you want! I'm going with your father." She said turning to me.

"Ill call your uncle when I get home he can watch a you until I get home." She said pointing at the chair. I sat in it and pulled out my notebook beginning to write. I heard the clink of metal and looked up to see mother standing on the railing.

"No." I whispered standing up and walking forward grabbing her skirt and pulling her down on top of me. She came down with a thud knocking the air from me and I closed my eyes. I opened them again to be sitting in a padded cell. Mother sat before me in a straight jacket with her usually beautiful straight hair frizzed and her face scratched up.

"You did this to her." A voice said to me and I turned to see a man with a black cloak on. His smile was evil and a dagger was in his hand. I looked back at mother. She was drugged and out of it as he placed the dagger across her neck and cut it. I gasped closing my eyes and crying. I moment later I was hit with cool air and I opened my eyes. I was standing in the room surrounded by Wade and Aj's friends. None of them seemed to see me but Zenthor who looked at me instantly.

"What's going on?" I asked realizing Leo was crying with Carrie.

"You died." He said and I looked at him and laughed.

"Okay very funny! Jokes up what's going on?" I asked trying to touch Wade's shoulder bit my hand went through him and he shivered.

"What the heck!?" I screamed and looked at my hand then at Wade he was looking around then looked at Zenthor.

"What is it?" He asked Zenthor and he sighed.

"Why don't you accompany me into another room to talk?" He asked and I nodded following him and realizing that Wade came too.

"She's here." Zenthor explained in another room and Wade blinked and looked where Zenthor was.

"I'm so sorry, I l-" He paused as the door opened and in walked a girl.

"Shay Ann." Wade asked and the girl smiled.

"Well you sure have a pretty one here." The girl said looking at me. She had long blond hair and freckles.

"You can see me?" I asked and she laughed.

"Of course I can. I'm a reaper." She said and I took a step back but Wade stepped in between us.

"You can't take her." He said and she let out a sigh.

"We've been through this Wadie she is dead her soul belongs to the big guy now I have to deliver or he'll kill us both." She said and he shook has head and grabbed her arm. She went to pull away but he did something and she fainted. He caught her Aj's placed her on the bed in the room before coming back over.