|●|The Lake{Request}|●|

{{ I feel like I should make the ending to 'Too Good at Goodbyes' sad but everyone wants it to be happy lMaO- I'll make it happy tho dernt worreh- ireallydontfeelcryingtoday- :'3}}

Groaning, (Y/n) fanned her face with a small thin folder that was filled with a few papers, which she was currently working with to finish her report. She let out a small satisfied sigh when she felt the tiny breeze she created cool off her hot face slightly, continuing to fan herself to try and calm down the unwanted overheating her body was doing.

It was the middle of summer and it felt like a fucking sauna in the DPD, which is why everyone in there looked disheveled and like a sweating mess. Yes, there was air conditioning but it didn't work very well, which made the situation worse.

(Y/n) never stopped trying to cool herself down using her folder as a fan, and at one point earlier she even poured ice cold water over her face, which only lasted for a few seconds before she started to feel the heat rising again.

"Just kill me already, god." (Y/n) mumbled and layed her head down on her desk, hoping that her cheek would come in contact with a cool surface but instead only meeting a warm slick surface. She heard Hank groan in response in the desk behind her, most likely suffering the same fate she was as well as everyone else, "Why the fuck are we still here? You'd think Jeffrey would give us a break, but no, he wants his whole department to die of a heat stroke." A dry laugh left the (H/c)-notes lips at Hank's remark, painfully pulling her cheek off the desk and swiveling around in her spiny chair to face Hank's desk.

His grey hair was pulled back into a short pony tail, much like (Y/n)'s (H/l) (H/c) was, both of their hair holding a messy look due to the heat affecting it, "We should just ditch work and go to the lake or something." (Y/n) commented, her voice a little hoarse and dry causing her to lean back and grab the small cup of water on her desk and take a swig of it.

Hank finally turned around in his chair, facing the (H/c) haired female now instead of the work he needed to finish, "Sounds great, but then we would never hear the end of his bitching about it." He scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest, leaning back in his chair while keeping his attention to (Y/n), who only gave a small nod.

"I guess that's true," she started with a small sigh, "How much longer do we have in this hell anyways?" She asked, more to herself than Hank. He shrugged and turned to look at the large round monitor on his desk and read the time, "Its twelve thirty-five, so around four hours left in this hell-hole." (Y/n) let out another miserable groan for the umpteenth time that day, her elbows resting on her knees while she clutched onto her head, 'I can't take much more of this, let alone four hours.'

"Hello, Lieutenant Hank, Detective (Y/n)." (Y/n) perked up immediately at the sound of the familiar voice, her head snapping in the direction of the android that gave a small smile to the two of them. Okay, so maybe it would be a bit more bearable to get through the day.

"Hey Connor." (Y/n) was the first to greet him with a weak smile, while Hank just gave a small nod of acknowledgment towards the well kept android, unlike everybody else in the building. It wasn't fair, all the android there looked fine, most likely because the heat didn't bother them.

"Do either of you need help with your reports? I've already completed mine, and I have no other tasks to attend to at the moment, so I'm free to help." Connor piped up, the adorable smile still on his face as his attention was more directed towards (Y/n) than Hank. Her entire body already felt like it was on fire enough, Connor was now just making it worse, "Nope, because I'm leaving. I don't care what Mr. Bitchy Pants says, I'm out. Now, Hank, either your coming or not. Choose." (Y/n) said while abruptly standing up from her seat, staring down at Hank as he seemed to debate whether or not to, "Beats doing work in this condition, fine."