>>7<<

We got to gramps's office giving back that awful cat. Iruka was rambling about other D ranks we could do, but all of them were boring 'but you can't just become a good ninja overnight.' My thoughts drift off to Tora and how he must be getting tortured at his house 'I just hope we don't have to rescue him again.'

"NO. NO. NO. I want a real mission dattebayo!" Naruto yelled crossing his arms in an 'x' 'didn't I teach you manners' I thought face palming.

"Will you behave," Kakashi-sensei said hitting him over the head which made me smile softly. 'Hopefully he'll listen to Kakashi-sensei.'

"Naruto there is a system to how this works...." Gramps starts going into how each mission is picked for the skill set of the team. Based on our skill level and rank we get to be babysitters and weed wackers until we rank up. I was trying to pay attention, but Naruto was asking everyone what ramen flavor he should try. 'I kinda want plain tonight someone pick plain.'

"ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?" Gramps says mostly looking at Kakashi-sensei we all focus our attention towards him. I look at Naruto and I see he's determined to prove himself so I stand next to him.

"Look I'm tired of you treating me like a kid, I'm not the same brat I used to be I'm a ninja now" Naruto said glancing at me every once in awhile. 'Time to back him up!'

"What about an easy c-rank gramps!" I plead surprising everyone in the room and myself "Kakashi-sensei will be there and it'll be good experience." I add knowing he can't argue with me he never can.

"Naruto wants to prove himself eh, he's not a brat, but a former one...and Mito is still as convincing as ever." He smiled toward me which I knew meant yes "very well I'll give you guys a c-rank mission." Iruka protested against it, but gramps eased his constant worry.

"Oh my kami! Really? What will we do will we protect a princess or-" Naruto kept talking into my hand, but at least his voice was muffled.

"You will be bodyguards of a bridge builder named Tazuna you are to take him safely toTthe Land of Waves." We all nodded and a man who smelled heavily of sake burst in 'is he drunk' I sweatdrop.

"These brats will be the ones escorting me?" he slurred taking another swig of his sake. 'This guy can't be serious dattebayo.'

"You don't have to worry Mr. Tazuna I'll be guarding you too" Kakashi-sensei said with a close-eyed smile that's when Tazuna started to inspect us closely.

"And who's the the small one with the idiotic face?" he said vaguely leading Naruto to think he was talking about me. 'I am the shortest here, but I'm pretty sure I don't have an idiotic face.'

"HEY! Leave my sister alone!" Naruto said getting ready to lunge at Tazuna when I tapped him on the shoulder.

"He's talking about you Nii-San," I sigh he looks at Tazuna who confirms the fact. He still lunges at him so Kakashi-sensei had to hold him back but the collar.

"That's not the way you treat your client" Sensei said coolly as Naruto wriggled in his grip.

"Oi! Little girl are you really a ninja," he taunts and I know he's drunk, but still he's so annoying. So I grab him by the collar bringing him down to my eye level giving him the hardest glare.

"Please don't call me a little girl sir," I say releasing him he stumbles back a bit and I'm secretly glaring daggers. 'Little girl that has to be the most insulting thing anyone's ever said to me!'

"Hn. Little girl," Sasuke smirked next to me and I start glaring at him. "Don't worry I think you're very grown up," he jokes walking off. I blushing for some stupid reason 'stupid Sasuke.' I think jumping out of gramps window 'who does he think he is?' I pack for Naruto and I because he's out getting security cameras to keep the apartment safe. When I'm done and he comes back we set them up then go to the meeting spot. 'I guess being late is his thing' I thought sitting against a pillar 'intruders' I thought alarmed by two suspicious chakra signatures. I stood up quietly trying to pin point their location 'the tree above Sasuke' I don't look up because it'll let them know I know they're there. They wait just likes us and finally an hour later Kakashi-sensei comes Naruto and Sakura scream at him again upon arrival.

"I'm sorry, but I had to help an old woman cross the street" he excused lamely causing them to anime fall then keep arguing. We got in formation and lucky I was next to Kakashi-sensei because we were definitely being followed. "Mito is something wrong?" Kakashi asked kindly which surprised me a bit.

"Actually yeah, it's the trees I'm very paranoid" I lied hoping he'd get the message. He nodded understanding and then got down to my level hugging me "huh?"

"It's all right I'm here," he said soothingly "make a clone than use a substitution jutsu" he whispered. I made my clone silently replacing places now I was with Kakashi-sensei in the trees. 'He hugged me...am I blushing?' I follow after him silently when he motions us to stop. I sit in the tree watching the two ninja make their move they had a huge chain covered in poison

"Mist-nin, chunin level, big chain, poison, rogue...Demon Brothers" I smile that I was able to recognize them. Kakashi-sensei looked surprised and he was going to ask something, but the chain was coming for Naruto. My eyes widened so I took out fathers kunai and flashed over to him getting slashed on my ankles. I stumbled wincing at the searing pain, I had to get up so I took the kunai and threw one past his head. Once it got close enough I flashed over catching it and holding it to his neck. 'My ankles are getting weak' I thought looking at Kakashi-sensei who had one of them I sigh in relief as we tie them up.