>>24<<

"Huh there's nothing here!" Naruto groaned looking around the empty room. I would've agreed, but there was a message plastered on the wall. 'A poem? Maybe it's a puzzle or something.'

"Look at the wall," Sakura said reading out what it said, there was a word missing. "I think we're supposed to open the scrolls now..." she said handing the other to Naruto. They carefully opened it revealing one kanji 'the man...summoning scrolls!'

"Get rid of them they're summoning scrolls!" Sasuke shouted, but they just stood there. Whatever was being summoned let's hope we could fight it off. The smoke was clearing and we could start seeing who it was.

"It's you!

"Iruka-sensei!" Sakura and I gasped in disbelief as he appeared.

"Long time no see guys," he smirked crossing his arms. "I see you've been through a lot during this exam."

"Yeah, but why're you showing up through a summoning?"

"So I could be a messenger," he smiled taking out a watch "Wow you guys made it just in time! So congratulations you passed the second part of the exam!"

"Huh!" I smiled widely falling back onto the ground. "Finally we're done here I can't believe that took so long!"

"I agree I'm completely exhausted," Sakura sighed sitting on the ground next to me.

"Well I would treat you guys for ramen-"

"Ramen! Thank Kami I haven't eaten properly in days! Ramen ramen ramen!" Naruto shouted jumping up and down.

"Where does he get this energy?" Sasuke said sitting on the other side of me. 'It's been a long week.'

"Hey sensei what about the message?" Sakura said pointing to the wall, but I didn't hear anything after that. 'I really need to take a nap wake me up in five minutes.'  I felt someone shaking me awake and my eyes fluttered open to see the back of Sasuke's head.

"Mito wake up you've been sleeping," Naruto said and I looked around we were in a new room with the other contestants. 'I guess we really made it dattebayo!'

"Ok I'm up," I yawned getting off Sasuke's back.

"First I want to congratulate you all on passing the second exam!" Anko shouted I could see all the jonin including Kakashi. 'I'll have to tell him about how the exam went!'

"Looks like your kid's made it Kakashi too bad the next part is about ability and we definitely outclass you in that." Lee's sensei, Gai, brags his team was definitely good, but we could probably beat them. 'Now I really want to fight one of them!'

"Listen up maggots! The third Hokage will explain your third exam!"

"I'll be telling you what your-"

"Lord Hokage," a ninja said jumping down in front of us. "As the third exam's proctor may I say something?"

"Go ahead."

"Uh I'd like to hold a preliminary we didn't expect so many of you to pass" he explained beginning to cough violently. 'No way! We're going to hold a preliminary right now? I can barely keep my lunch down.' I thought putting a hand over my stomach, "if any of you don't feel up to this you can bow out now."

"Sasuke!" Sakura said, he was in pain holding his neck. His curse mark was flaring up "you should quit you can't fight like this!"

"Don't tell me what to do!" Sasuke grunted I felt helpless I should've been trying to help him.

"Sasuke, If you won't quit I'll just tell them about the mark!" Sakura said beginning to raise her hand when Kabuto did. 'Why is he quitting he said he's been through the exams six times!'

"Hey Kabuto what's up with you giving up!" Naruto glared, there was no way he couldn't keep fighting. We were all beaten up pretty bad, but there's barely any damage on him.

"I'm sorry Naruto, but my body's too beat up" Kabuto excuses lamely walking out of the room. 'He's up to something there's just no way he could actually be giving up.'

"You better not tell them about this curse mark," Sasuke said smacking her hand down.

"Am I supposed to watch you tear yourself apart?"

"Don't watch just stay out if it, it's none of your business" Sasuke glared. Then I doubled over throwing up blood I couldn't tell if my condition was getting better or worse. "Hey are you alright?" Sasuke said kneeling down to my level.

"Neither of you can seriously be thinking about fighting!" Sakura said trying to raise her hand again, but this time I stopped her.

"W-we have to, I don't care if there's a next year I'm here right now and I'm going to win!" I said standing on my feet.

"These are much more than exams to me...Mito, Naruto you're one of the ones I want to fight the most." Sasuke smirked surprisingly I wanted to fight him too.

"You've got yourself a challenge," I grinned.

"Yeah just you wait we'll beat you no problem!"

"Then I guess we'll be starting anything goes the match will be over once one dies or concedes. There will be eleven matches since there are 22 contestants. Everyone upstairs once your name appears on the screen you will come down and face your opponent." Hayate explained making everyone shuffle upstairs. 'Maybe Kakashi-sensei will be able to get rid of this seal.' I thought finding him upstairs.

"Sensei!" I smiled trying hard not to hug him right there. He probably wouldn't like it very much if I did "we made it!"

"I see I'm really proud of you," Kakashi said ruffling my hair, but then he knelt down to my level. "Now why do you keep throwing up you don't seem like you're sick."

"This grass ninja put a five pronged seal on me," I said lifting up my shirt to show him. "My chakra is acting really weird I can't even use it properly," I blushed.

"This is actually easy to get rid of," he mumbled and I instantly felt relief. "Here drink water let's hope you get enough time to rest up before your match."

"Thank you so much!" I smiled giving him a hug, but I immediately let go. "Sorry I just feel a lot bet-"

"It's ok kid just make sure to win your match for me," he said walking over to the others. 'I'll definitely win my match Sensei don't worry!'

"First match is Sasuke Uchiha vs. Yoroi Akada" Hayate announced. Sasuke didn't have anytime to recover this was bad he could lose control.

"Hey Sasuke!"

"Hn."

"Good luck I believe in you y'know!" I smiled and he smirked in response.

"I know."