>>23<<

"It's been four days since we've been in here," Sasuke mumbled eating his fish by the open fire. I had woken up yesterday after the whole fight, feeling a little better. I only threw up a couple times now and then and I could walk no problem.

"Let's face it we're not going to get a scroll," Sakura sighed even after going through multiple near death experiences she was still ready to give up.

"We could go to the tower and ambush teams that are going in," I said sitting up from my position. "We're not in any shape to fight, but it's worth a try."

"I don't know, but we're going to have to start getting serious if we want to pass," Sasuke said standing up. "I'm going to get some water I'll be right back" he said avoiding my gaze. Something had happened during that fight and he was definitely awake for it. 'This isn't time to think about boys, I'm trying to become a chunin.' I thought tuning out the rest of the world first I needed to figure out how I was going to get this seal off of me.

"I know how we could get another scroll without fighting," Naruto whispered to Sakura. They kept going back and forth until I realized what he meant.

"Are you crazy! Don't open the-" I gasped watching Kabuto swoop down. 'Where did he come from? Why didn't I sense him?' I thought grabbing my kunai.

"I'm not here to fight, I've seen a lot of teams try this trust me you don't want to open the scroll." He warned pushing his glasses back up "it'll put you to sleep until the exams are over."

"You guys tried opening the scroll?" Sasuke glared dropping his water. "What's wrong with you guys I told you to get serious."

"Sorry Sasuke," Naruto and Sakura pouted why was everyone acting weird. Kabuto was just as much an enemy as everyone else what was he even doing here.

"Why're you just walking around?" Sasuke asked voicing my opinions at least someone was being on guard. 'They all trust him for some reason, he's up to something I can feel it.'

"I was on my way to the tower I've got both scrolls," Kabuto said showing us both his heaven and earth scroll. 'What was the point of showing us? He knows we're going to want it.' I thought getting up on my feet I was ready to fight him for it.

"We'll fight you for it," Sasuke shrugged glancing towards me. "I'm dead serious unfortunately I can't be Mr. Nice Guy."

"Doesn't that seem a little ungrateful he just-"

"If you want a scroll I'll help you no need for a fight," Kabuto said somehow talking is out of it. Now we were following him to the tower listening to his ambush plan. 'This is what I suggested earlier!' We we're walking around for ages, but the tower wasn't getting any closer. 'Weird we've passed by this tree twice..'

"Hey guys I think we're-" suddenly three clones jump down and began attacking us.

"Don't use any chakra whoever this is they're controlling these things somewhere nearby to exhaust us!" Kabuto said just dodging the attacks and that's what we ended up doing all morning. I couldn't sense the person's chakra anymore it's all jumbled after that seal. 'Damn ninja! I've done nothing this entire time!' I thought gritting my teeth I just needed to try harder to find their location. I stood there for a couple of seconds before I found them 'got it!'

"Come out and fight me!" I yelled it was the guy we had fought earlier that was pulling the strings. 'Hopefully he doesn't recognize us.'

"You're the kids that stabbed me! I'm going to have fun with you."

"My teammates are under my protection," I glared throwing a kunai after he stepped forward.

"Mito you're in no condition to fight!" Sakura said just as I threw up again. I couldn't back down now I already lit the match.

"Neither are any of you," I said looking at how exhausted they were. "I've got this," I smirked running towards him, clashing kunai. I already know I'm faster, probably not anymore, and he's not very good at taijutsu. I suddenly put the kunai away getting stabbed in the hand in the process. But then I landed a good punch on him knocking him back into his teammates.

"Impressive you drew blood," the guy chuckled wiping his mouth. "It's time to show you our real ninjutsu time is running out," he said making hundreds of clones. 'Well three can play at that game!' I thought looking at Naruto.

"I got you Mito!" Naruto said and we both made the handsigns for the shadow clone jutsu. Thousands of us swarmed the place, "you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"All we have to do is defeat each one?"

"Exactly!" He grinned and we ran into the swarm, but they all seemed to be illusions. I was beginning to think the real ones weren't there at all. 'I'll have some clones search the area,' I thought trying to see where they might've went.

"The real ones aren't here!" Sasuke said holding onto his neck, his curse mark must've been acting up. "Those are all illusions the real ones are watching from somewhere."

"Ok my clones can't find them...watch out!" I shouted pushing Kabuto out of the way from an attack. Shinobi always strike from where you least expect it in this case the ground. "I'm done playing games," I said throwing three kunai swiftly lodging it into their arms.

"Y-you're going to kill us!"

"No," I gasped "Those kunai are laced with poison it should've...knocked you out." I said immediately beginning to loot them with Naruto.

"Look a heaven scroll!" Naruto cheered giving me a bone crushing hug. "Just what we needed you guys!" I nodded silently looking at Kabuto I really didn't trust him. 'Whatever lets just get to the tower now.'