>>18<<

It was the morning of the first exam and we were all outside the academy waiting for Sakura. 'She'll show up there's no way she wouldn't show.' I thought nervously looking around the crowd when I spotted pink hair.

"Look Sakura's right there!" I smiled as she walked up to us. "Are you ready to crush this exam?" I asked giddily dragging her inside. 'Hm there's a genjutsu cast on this floor.' I thought watching some chunin kick back some genin. 'Are people buying into this crap?'

"Remove this genjutsu, i'd like to get to the third floor" Sasuke smirked glancing at Sakura. "Tell them Sakura, I bet you sensed this genjutsu right away," he said trying to boost her confidence. 'I know that and yet I'm still a little jealous.' Then next thing I know Sasuke is about to get in a fight with one of the chunin. But someone in green spandex stops both of them before anything happens

"I'm sorry, but I think we'll have plenty of time to fight later." He said not even breaking a sweat, he moved lightning fast.

"I thought you wanted to keep a low profile?" His teammate, a Hyuga, sighed walking up to the rest of us.

"I'm Rock Lee...you're Sakura correct?" He blushed standing in front of Sakura. "Please go out with me! I will treat you nicely and I promise to protect you!"

"I'm sorry you're a little too "unique" for me," She sweatdropped making him sulk in the corner. He was actually kind of cute and sweet.

"Sakura, he's being nice you could've just-"

"Who is this beauty!" Lee said grabbing my hands and I could tell both Sasuke and Naruto looked pissed.

"I'm Mito Uzumaki, it's nice to meet you" I smiled making him swoon. 'He's too sweet I'm not even that pretty.'

"It would be my honor if I could take you out on a date?" Lee declared even if I did like Sasuke one date couldn't hurt.

"I-I already like someone else, but I'll go on one date with you," I blushed watching everyone around me fall to the ground.

"Are you serious Mito! You only just met him!" Naruto said pulling me away protectively. "And who do you like? You haven't told me anything about that!" He said starting to go off on a rant meanwhile Sasuke was getting grumpy.

"How old are you?" The Hyuga demanded.

"I don't have to tell you," Sasuke sneered beginning to walk up the steps. 'Who pissed in his orange juice' we almost got to the classroom, but Lee stopped us by calling out.

"You with the attitude," Lee said pointing at Sasuke. "I challenge you to a fight you seem like a worthy opponent."

"I don't want to fight you," Sasuke said bluntly but Lee went on to tell us Neji, the Hyuga, was the one he really wanted to fight. Apparently him and Sasuke are very similar so Lee wanted to see how he measured up. 'His speed is enough to win this fight,' I thought looking over at Sasuke who was really underestimating him.

"I'll fight you!" Naruto said charging towards him, but Lee immediately knocks him down with one fluid motion. 'You can't even see his hand move!'

"You're not the one I want to fight" Lee said motioning towards Sasuke. "Do you accept my challenge Uchiha-san?"

"I accept," Sasuke smirked activating his sharingan, but even then he could barely keep up. It also appeared that Lee was going to use some special move. 'That looks dangerous! There's no way Sasuke could survive if he-'

"Stop right there!" A turtle summons said making Lee instantly bow in apology. Then it just starts scolding him, but it gets crazier a man crawls out of the shell. 'This is so creepy!' I shivered watching him turn to us.

"You must be Kakashi's students," he smirked flashing his pearly whites. "I am Might Gai his youthful rival! Tell him I said hi won't ya? As for you Lee 1000 laps around Konoha right now!" We finally get to the classroom door where Kakashi is blocking the door.

"I'm glad to see that everyone's here," he smiled but I didn't get it we didn't all have to come. "I'm especially proud of you Sakura."

"Me?" Sakura blushed not really believing she did anything special.

"You need a team of three, or four, to participate."

"But you said!"

"Even though I said you could choose to participate, I'm only allowed to let squads pass through. I wanted this to be your decision so you wouldn't feel pressured by your teammates." He explained I mean it all made sense now he was kind of pushing the point it was our decision. "Good luck with the first part of the test," Kakashi said opening the door for us. "Oh and Mito I'm really proud of you too," he said ruffling my hair.

"Thanks Sensei! I won't let you down" I promised walking in to see all the other genin squads. The Rookie 10 catch up with each other, but it's mostly Sakura and Ino fighting for Sasuke's attention. And Naruto yells out at everyone in the exam room causing them to glare at us.

"You idiot! Apologize," Sakura demanded when this young guy came up to us.

"It's not a very good idea to antagonize them," he says with a snake like grin. 'I don't like his chakra at all...he's slimy.'

"That's pretty obvious," I snap making everyone around me gasp. Usually I wasn't rude from the very beginning, but this guy was different.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you," he laughed nervously. "I'm Kabuto Yuhi I can tell you guys are new I've got some data on almost everyone here. Anyone you want to know about?" He offered politely, but how was he getting this information and what did he have on us.

"Gaara of the Sand," Sasuke said and everyone was falling for this act. Kabuto read out his stats and it seemed like he knew a little too much.

"It seems your friend doesn't like me very much," He said rubbing the back of his neck. Something was up with this guy there's no way he's just helping us out to be nice.

"Their friend can hear you," I muttered "I just don't trust people who look to be untrustworthy. Sorry, but your little info card trick isn't going to win me over."