>>14<<

When we got back to the village we continued to do the D-ranked missions. Well the others did them, I was still on orders to recover, but I still came and sat with Kakashi-sensei. Naruto and Sasuke seem to have gone back to their usual way. I watched as Naruto tried collecting more trash resulting in them falling into the river. 'No it's gotten even worse' I sweatdrop where did all our teamwork go.

"Mito have you been relaxing?" Kakashi-sensei said beside me. I jumped up in surprise before nodding my head with a smile.

"That's the only thing Naruto lets me do" I joked it was slightly true. At first he told me not to cook, clean, or do any chores, but after he burnt ramen I was allowed to cook. "I'm all better though, the doctor says I can start missions back up tomorrow!"

"Good maybe we'll get something done," he sighed telling everyone to go home for the day. Sakura immediately grabbed Sasuke so he wouldn't run away and Naruto stayed with.

"So Sasuke-kun I heard your birthday's tomorrow" she said shocking Naruto and I. Naruto was more shocked he didn't say anything, but I was shocked Sakura knew that. 'Like how does she know these things.' "Hey Mito! Let's plan a party!" Sakura cheered catching me off guard.

"Ok I'll help you" I nodded, but Sasuke didn't look happy about it. "Do you want a party? It'll only be us" I smiled hoping he'd say yes maybe a party would get rid of all the tension. He just looked away and hn'ed 'I'll take that as a yes!'

"Ok Mito where will it be?" Sakura said pulling me away into the shopping district.

"My house I guess," I said making sure Sakura wasn't going to overboard with decorations. This was the guy who claimed not to like anything. "What about the cake?" I asked there was no way he liked sweets.

"We'll make this sweet vanilla cake with extra sweet strawberries!" She said happily putting it in the basket. I sighed before putting in the ingredients to make a bitter chocolate cake. 'You better like this' I thought spending the rest of my day with Sakura. We got a million of things including presents, she just couldn't decide what to give him. I in the other hand ended up getting him some tomato plants, kunai sharpeners, and the photo Kakashi had taken of us. When I finally got home I jumped on the couch 'so tired!' I thought, but I still needed to decorate. If I didn't use everything Sakura would kill me.

"Naruto, help me" I whined after pricking my finger with another thumbtack.

"Planning my rival's party no way!"

"Are you serious? Naruto just come help" I groaned forcing him to pin up decorations for me. When we were finally done the place looked very festive.

"Sakura-chan picked this all out?" Naruto said wincing at how bright it was.

"Yeah I'm going to bed." I said walking into my room and as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out. I woke up the next morning and got into my jumpsuit. 'I get to go on a mission' I thought happily slipping over to the meeting spot.. Of course when we got there he wasn't there. "Good morning!" I cheered running over to Sakura.

"Did you set everything up? Do you think he'll like it!" She squealed talking at an unbelievable pace. She never drew a breath it was scary. "Well!"

"Yeah why don't you just calm down I handled everything," I sweatdropped as she took in rapid deep breaths. Luckily before she could continued talking Kakashi had came with some lame excuse.

"Theres no mission today so enjoy your birthday Sasuke" Kakashi winked flashing away. He walked away in the other direction before we could get ahold of him. 'Aww I was looking forward to a mission today! Guess I'll go home and rel-'

"Boss!" Some kid had came out the bushes to attack Naruto. 'When did this happen?' I thought looking at the two go back and forth. Then the kid, Konohamaru, made the mistake of calling Sakura manly. So she was chasing them away 'what would happen if I didn't follow.' I facepalmed hoping not to get involved when Konohamaru bumped into some weird guy. I ran over when he picked him up he looked ready to punch him.

"What're you doing?" I glared snatching him out of the weirdo's hands. "Are you ok honorable grandson?" I said hoping the loser would catch on.

"T-this brat is the Hokage's kid?" He said stumbling back. Then a pebble hit him in the forehead, it was Sasuke. "Huh! Are you trying to pick a fight!"

"Leave us alone" Sasuke smirked from the tree, but there was someone above him. 'His chakra's similar to the kyuubi.'

"Kankuro," the voice rang out "I'll kill you" he said icily walking down the tree. It was hard to sense him he could conceal his chakra well. "Let's go," there was also a girl with them I didn't notice her. She was blushing though and looking at Sasuke. 'Ugh does every girl like him this is so cliche.'

"Wait, What is your name?" Sasuke asked in the open so the girl thought she was the one he was talking to. "You with the gourd," He clarified.

"Gaara I'm curious too who are you?" He said emotionlessly looking right at me. 'Why me I haven't really done anything have I?'

"Mito Uzumaki," I replied with a light blush he was pretty cute. 'Come on I thought you were different Mito..but he is hot.' He nodded before walking off with his friends, but Sakura stopped them this time.

"Wait! You're no from the Leaf so who are you. You're not allowed to be here without permission."

"We're here for the chunin exams," the blonde drawled showing us her Ninja I.D. "Do you guys seriously not know!" She chuckled finally leaving.

"The chunin exams?" Naruto repeated to himself, but Sakura had already moved on to Sasuke.

"The party's later tonight at Mito's we just need to make the cake!" Sakura smiled looking back at me. "Naruto hang out with Sasuke while we make the cake."