>>40<<

I sat on the bench placing Sakura's head in my lap and I just started crying. There were millions of thing running through my mind, but only one was prominent.

Useless.

I wish I could hurt him the way he hurt me and that was scary. I thought we had something special, but it wasn't enough he had to go to Orochimaru. 'But he could still get me back' I thought in disappointment feeling how my heart ached to be with him again. To just touch him even one more kiss, but I quickly shook my head 'where's my self-respect' I chuckled bitterly. My eyes were drooping, the exhaustion had finally caught up to me. After crying that hard it was difficult to believe I would ever cry again. 'He'll find a way.'

***

Tsunade was very angry the next morning, for many reasons including the fact I had snuck out the hospital. 'It's not like I was expecting all this to happen,' I grumbled from my hospital bed. She had locked my window and door, so now people could only come in. 'What're you thinking Sasuke? Are you really leaving everyone...me?' I thought feeling the tears begin to fall again, he actually broke my heart.

"Mito?" I heard Naruto say and I tried to wipe my tears away before he could see anything. "I can see you're crying...I'm sad about Sasuke too, but we can't give up!"

"You weren't there," I mumbled "the things he said to me..Naruto he doesn't want to be here." I cried turning to cry into my pillow, but he turned me around.

"I'm going on a rescue mission," Naruto said gaining my attention. "I'll bring Sasuke back for all of us so please don't cry sis!"

"N-Naruto that's not necessary" I mumbled, but of course he was set on bringing him back. 'I wish I could feel that way, but I'm too confused.' I thought plastering a fake smile on my face,
"please bring him back Nii-san."

"I swear to you I will," Naruto grinned in determination and I kind of had hope that Sasuke would actually be back. 'Maybe everything will be ok when I wake up, Naruto will be beside me, Sakura won't be sulking, and Sasuke will say its all been a sick joke.' I knew it was wishful thinking, but Naruto could make me believe in anything. It was a superpower of his 'I'm going to take a nap and when I wake up it'll all be over.' I thought slowly closing my eyes and after a few minutes I was asleep.

***

I waited by the gate with Jiraiya waiting for Naruto and Konohamaru to stop crying.

"Come on we need to hurry up and hit the road pull yourself together nii-san," I facepalmed watching him blow his nose against his sleeve. 'Gross I'm not touching him' I thought looking over at pervy-senin who seemed amused. Naruto and I were going to be leaving the village with him to train. Unfortunately Sasuke wasn't going to come back yet, but Naruto was more determined than ever.

"You're so heartless Mito," Naruto sniffled walking over to us.

"I thought you'd be excited to get stronger? Hmm maybe we should tell Granny we can't leave," I teased and he instantly straightened up. "Come on the adventure's just beginning Naruto."

"You're sister's right kid" Jiraiya smirked ruffling my hair. "Come on we need to start leaving if we're going to get anything done."

"Hey wait up!" Sakura yelled running over "you guys weren't going to leave without saying goodbye to me." She smiled pulling us both in for a hug, even though we weren't that close in the beginning she felt like family now. 'I'm crying now too' I thought trying to wipe my tears away before anyone could see.

"Hahaha you're crying now too," Naruto blubbered.

"I-I'm going to miss you dattebayo!" I pouted giving her another hug, "We'll come back stronger than ever Sakura!"

"Same here! When you guys come back I'll be better than ever, so this isn't goodbye because I am seeing you later!"

"See you later Sakura-Chan!"

"I'll see you later Mito! Naruto!"

This is the end! Fortunately the first chapter of the sequel, UZUMAKI SHIPPUDEN! is up.