>>31<<

The next morning I silently got dressed, I was released from the hospital, but I felt like crap. 'This wasn't how things were supposed to be.' I thought looking at myself in the mirror, it was really hard to believe Lord Third was gone.

"Mito," Naruto said gently placing a hand on my shoulder. "Gramps would've wanted us to celebrate his life...it's ok to cry sis," he said pulling me into a hug and I let it all out. The person I was today was partly thanks to him and now I could never tell him how grateful I was for everything. When we left the apartment everyone was morose and full of grief. We all attended the funeral held in the park, it was beautiful and we were allowed to say a few words.

"Does anyone else feel moved to speak," Asuma-sensei said after he was done reflecting on his Dad's life and their rocky relationship. I looked around before taking a deep breath and stepping up.

"Thank you," I mumbled awkwardly when he had passed me the microphone. "Lord Third has always treated me kindly and with respect. He..he loved me when I thought I had no one and he saw a spark in not only me, but everyone. He died doing what he loved and that was looking after us because we were all his family. I know that I will be able to carry his will of fire with me, so I'm asking you all to carry it within you as well." I finished up stepping off the stage, then it started raining as if it was crying with us. 'Rest easy Gramps, you'll be in my prayers,' I thought letting my last tear fall. I really was going to carry his will of fire, I'm more determined than ever.

"Mito that was really great," Sakura said awkwardly and I nodded my head solemnly. "Don't worry I'll carry his will of fire!"

"Yeah! Me too no way you're having all the fun!" Naruto chimed in wrapping an arm around Sakura.

"Hn, that's a big responsibility for such an idiot" Sasuke grunted with a small smirk. "I'll be carrying it too," a small smile spread across my face, they were all with me this was my family.

"Thank you!" I smiled giving them all three a hug.

"You're too close teme!"

"How is that my fault dobe!" Sasuke replies back and the two already got into a fight. 'So much for that moment' I thought with a small smile as I watched them argue. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw Konohamaru sobbing by himself.

"Konohamaru—"

"Go away!" He sniffled burring his head on his knees, but I just sat down next to him. "I thought I told you to leave me alone!"

"You don't deserve to be alone right now," I smiled gently grabbing his hand. "I'll just sit right here until you're ready," I said feeling him shake and he let out a harsh sigh.

"M-Mito h-he's gone!" He cried wrapping his arms around my waist, he was sniffling into my chest.

"I know and things might be bad for awhile," I said rubbing his back. "Everyday things will get a little better and it might not seem that way, but you have me, Naruto, Moegi, and Udon."

"A-and you'll always be here?"

"I will always be here," I replied talking with him for the rest of the service. Once it was all over everyone began leaving, but I stayed behind trying to let everything sit in.

"Are you going to be okay kid?" Asuma-sensei said blowing smoke out of his cigar.

"I feel like that's what I should be asking you," I mumbled walking over to him. "I'll be fine how about you?"

"It'll be hard, but I think I'll be fine too," he lightly smiled earning one in return. "Why don't you head home, we're losing daylight."

"Yeah, but I'm not afraid of the dark."